Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone notice the water bottle holders in the doors. Perfect for me! We usually have our two coffee mugs and water bottles in the car with us. In the Matrix, had to put bottles in holders bejind us for the rear seats. Now we can have them next to us on our individual doors.

[Let me guess - this feature has been in car doors for a while now. I am out of touch?!]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
[Let me guess - this feature has been in car doors for a while now. I am out of touch?!]
Can't speak for all cars but my wire's 2011 Sorento has them.

Another new feature that will become standard, just like Bluetooth. Most 2010 models didn't have it and this year almost all are coming equipped.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good one and easily overlooked. I had spots in my other car, but they didn't curve out at all to allow a bottle. I would just throw paper stuff in there.

Anyone notice the water bottle holders in the doors.]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Let's see if we can't put some new life in this thread.
I read on a UK Juke site, that it's possible to turn off the auto-lock feature of the car.
They were looking for a way to activate it, but I assume it works both ways.
They said to put the car in the accessory mode with the i-Con on (Press start twice with the keyless ignition), then to hold the door lock button for a few seconds.
I prefer the doors not to lock. I'll be trying after work and will post if it works.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Did you know:

You can adjust the brightness of your nav and ICON for both night and day. Leave your headlight off and set the brightness, then turn them on and set the brightness.

Now it will change the nave and ICON brightness to your preference.

EDIT: You can change the brightness for the day on the I-CON, but at night it pumps right back to full power with no option to adjust. My memory may not be so good, but I coulda swore there was a way to change the brightness at night....

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
did you know the car has the follow me home headlight feature.

switch the car of and put on the lights for a few seconds just buy pulling the bar towards you.

and that when you open the door the lights of the car switch off automaticly when they are still in on position

·
Registered
105 Posts
Let's see if we can't put some new life in this thread.
I read on a UK Juke site, that it's possible to turn off the auto-lock feature of the car.
They were looking for a way to activate it, but I assume it works both ways.
They said to put the car in the accessory mode with the i-Con on (Press start twice with the keyless ignition), then to hold the door lock button for a few seconds.
I prefer the doors not to lock. I'll be trying after work and will post if it works.
Turns out that does not prevent auto-lock. What it does do is turn off the auto-unlock when you turn off the car. ...now to re-enable that.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Did you know:

You can adjust the brightness of your nav and ICON for both night and day. Leave your headlight off and set the brightness, then turn them on and set the brightness.

Now it will change the nave and ICON brightness to your preference.

EDIT: You can change the brightness for the day on the I-CON, but at night it pumps right back to full power with no option to adjust. My memory may not be so good, but I coulda swore there was a way to change the brightness at night....
From the manual.

Setting Display Brightness and Button
Brightness
1. Press the Drive Mode Select button.
2. Press the SETUP button.
3. Turn the Selection dial to “Display Brightness”
or “Button Brightness” then press the
ENTER button.​
4. Turn the Selection dial to + to increase
brightness or to
[FONT=AdvTT153188ed+22][FONT=AdvTT153188ed+22][/FONT][/FONT]to decrease brightness,
then press the ENTER button to apply the
selection.

Display Brightness and Button Brightness can
be manually adjusted during the day (when the
headlight switch is off) or at night (when the
headlight switch is on).

When the bar is at the minimum or maximum
brightness level, the brightness level is the same
as the daytime level (headlight switch is on) or

nighttime level (headlight switch off).

NOTE:
The SETUP function cannot be adjusted

while driving.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Who reads manuals?

Actually, when the headlights are on, the option to adjust I-CON is greyed out as if I were driving.

Edit: Ah! Changing I-CON is done through the gauge lighting button through the steering wheel for night lights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Most cars allow you to lift the wipers off the window to prevent them from sticking during the winter. It seems like that is impossible with the Juke. Am I wrong? There is something in the manual about pulling the wiper stalk after turning the engine off. I haven't try that yet.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Most cars allow you to lift the wipers off the window to prevent them from sticking during the winter. It seems like that is impossible with the Juke. Am I wrong? There is something in the manual about pulling the wiper stalk after turning the engine off. I haven't try that yet.
works, when switching off engine, with in 5 seconds pull the wiperbar toward you for fe second ad the wipers will go half way

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good one and easily overlooked. I had spots in my other car, but they didn't curve out at all to allow a bottle. I would just throw paper stuff in there.
I have those on my 2004 Armada. I pretty much never use them for bottles - mostly paper trash as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you find that your door lock/unlock is not working properly it may be that the rear hatch is not well closed. I found that I was unable to lock the doors even though I had my fob near it. The fob lock worked, but the button on the door did not. Slam the hatch and everything's good again.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With the car off, DON'T put your foot on the brake and then push the start button one time. This will put your car in Accessory mode, so that you can listen to the radio without starting the car.

·
Registered
393 Posts
There is some sort of harddisk in your car that records all data form your car like speed and how much force you applied to your brake... About 10 seconds continuously
All this can be read out by someone from the insurance for example in case of an accident...( from the manual.... yes,some poeple read them)

1 - 20 of 302 Posts