Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2013 Nissan Juke at 74k miles. Been having a ticking noise in the engine which turned out to be timing chain wearing out.
anybody else having same issues?

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Welcome!

Thousands have. Lots of threads on it here, including a sticky.

Check that you have had the "recall", which was a service campaign for free timing chain replacement by Nissan where 105,000 2011 to 2013 Juke's were eligible. The campaign has expired, but you should check if your was ever done.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts

...and dozens of other separate threads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. Thanks. Unfortunately I’m out of luck. Recall campaign has long expired and my VIN no. Wasn’t included in the campaign. Local repair shop is asking quoting $2600.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
136 Posts
Wow. Thanks. Unfortunately I’m out of luck. Recall campaign has long expired and my VIN no. Wasn’t included in the campaign. Local repair shop is asking quoting $2600.
oh my gawd 2600?

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Here is the step by step with photos. This is the fastest way to do it, I believe. The procedures in the FSM's would take longer. Make sure the shop has this! If it's a Nissan dealership, then they likely have the special tools still kicking around.

It shouldn't be much more than the 3.4 hours shown here.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
It's not cheap to do a timing chain. That $2600 seems high though, given the motor is never actually being removed from the car. I can say having the engine out of the car how freaking hard it was to pry the timing case cover off the engine with that RTV sealant they use. I'm using Loctite sealant which is soluble in air so the covers come off super easy next time yet don't extrude into the motor.

I'd get another quote though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not cheap to do a timing chain. That $2600 seems high though, given the motor is never actually being removed from the car. I can say having the engine out of the car how freaking hard it was to pry the timing case cover off the engine with that RTV sealant they use. I'm using Loctite sealant which is soluble in air so the covers come off super easy next time yet don't extrude into the motor.

I'd get another quote though.
Most shops quoted around that figure.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Your original question was did anyone have the same problem. So, no, mine was part of a recall at 30k miles. It looks like you know what to do and have the quotes so hopefully you get it sorted out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts