Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Timing Chain Related Problems - General Poll

• 2011 - Original Timing Chain/Recall Performed (No problems yet)

Votes: 69 27.8%
  • 2011 - Timing Chain Related Problem

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • 2012 - Original Timing Chain/Recall Performed (No problems yet)

Votes: 47 19.0%
  • 2012 - Timing Chain Related Problem

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • 2013 - Original Timing Chain/Recall Performed(No problems yet)

Votes: 60 24.2%
  • 2013 - Timing Chain Related Problem

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 2014 - Original Timing Chain/Recall Performed (No Problems)

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • 2014 - Timing Chain Related Problems

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 2015 - Original Timing Chain (No Problems)

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • 2015 - Timing Chain Related Problems

Votes: 1 0.4%
821 - 826 of 826 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
So your vehicle is within the 2011 to 2013 range of Jukes that were to be recalled. Did you buy it new from the Nissan Dealer? Did you check with the dealer if the voluntary recall was sent out i9n 2014?

·
Registered
36 Posts
ANDREA SKAGGS has commented on: "Nissan recalls 104,000 Jukes for timing
belts"

----
I am dealing with this same
I am dealing with this same problem. According to Nissan the timing chain was
replaced in 2014. Yet, here I am looking at replacing the timing chain and
front casing of the engine because the problem occurred. It seems the recall
fix was temporary. I only noticed this issue when we failed to accelerate
while going through an intersection. It is definitely an issue that warrants
answers.

Andrea Skaggs. What country do you live in? Having lost power at an intersection is a concern for your safety and could have resulted in a collision with serious injury or death. Did you report this to the Transportation Department Safety Bureau? They won't do anything unless there is injury or death as a result of that timing chain breaking. In Ontario, Canada, the Ministry of Transport already has a file number set up on a similar problem with timing chain on Nissan Juke vehicles, even on manufacturing years after the Voluntary Recall Nissan issued on 2011-2013 Jukes, but it was suspected that even later models had the defective chains installed without Nissan knowing it. Let me know your situation because there may be a class action lawsuit being set up against Nissan on this very issue. Thanks, Joseph Ficker

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone I have a Nissan Juke 1.2 Accenta+ 2016 with a mileage of less than 50 000km on the clock. The timing chain has stretched and Nissan claims that it is normal vehicle maintenance. According to their maintenance and service guide the timing chain should be replaced for the first time at 300 000Km. In my opinion, the timing chain stretch prematurely which is in actual fact then a poor quality product from Nissan's side. I have read some articles in other countries how Nissan recalled about 104 000 Nissan Jukes from the 2011 - 2013 modules due to poor quality timing chains (https://www.cars.com/articles/2011-2013-nissan-juke-timing-chain-issue-1420684822420/), (Nissan recalls 104,000 Jukes for timing belts | Torque News.)
My question is, did Nissan really fixed this problem or are we in South Africa running into the same problem that will cost Nissan Juke owners lots of money out of their pockets as Nissan don't want to admit their faults?

821 - 826 of 826 Posts