Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Timing Chain Related Problems - General Poll

• 2011 - Original Timing Chain/Recall Performed (No problems yet)

Votes: 69 29.0%
  • 2011 - Timing Chain Related Problem

Votes: 39 16.4%
  • 2012 - Original Timing Chain/Recall Performed (No problems yet)

Votes: 46 19.3%
  • 2012 - Timing Chain Related Problem

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 2013 - Original Timing Chain/Recall Performed(No problems yet)

Votes: 58 24.4%
  • 2013 - Timing Chain Related Problem

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 2014 - Original Timing Chain/Recall Performed (No Problems)

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 2014 - Timing Chain Related Problems

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 2015 - Original Timing Chain (No Problems)

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 2015 - Timing Chain Related Problems

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
741 - 742 of 742 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unbelievable! They issue this now after my engine broke because of timing chain and I tell them I'm going to start a lawsuit against them and join the class action lawsuit. Little good this bulletin does me now!!!! They won't cover the cost of my engine ($9,000) even though my 2011 Juke only has 28,000 miles on it. How many people have been screwed over by them before they put this out there? Unacceptable!!!
omg this is crazy((

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Unbelievable! They issue this now after my engine broke because of timing chain...
The timing chain service campaign (it is not a recall as issued by Nissan and NHTSA in the USA) was anounced back in 2013/2014. I do not know if it applies to Jukes outside of North America. Nissan has always been sticklers for service records and if there's evidence of failure to follow the recommended service intervals (I'm not saying you did or didn't do this) then they reserve the right to refuse warranty claims.

Also, if you sign up for the current class action law suit (again, not sure it applies to any non-North American Juke) you may be able to submit your claim and evidence/records supporting your claim and seek reimbursement for expenses incurred due to timing chain failure.

741 - 742 of 742 Posts