Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on some circular off-topic discussion in another thread, I figured it might be a good idea to discuss under it's own topic. I don't want to document every single minute detail like the INCORRECT wikipedia entry does (as most will probably come up in discussion if it goes on long enough). To kick-off, here are the basics:

2010 is the first year of the Gen 1 Juke, not available in the US (North America?)
2011-2014 is Gen 1
2015-2019 is Gen 2 (2017 was the last north america/US model sold)
2020+ is Gen 3

The Juke has been sold in many different markets, under many different names and engine options which are not all fully available across all those markets. For example, the US does not have diesel models, nor does it have a non-turbo option.

The main difference from gen 1, 2, 3 is the body appearance, most notably the front end and "frog" lights, but also the rear light design. Appearance aside, there are also a number of other changes, such as wiring, electronics, and most importantly the induction system on turbo jukes. Many Gen 1 and Gen 2 parts are NOT interchangeable, as the Gen 2 was more than just an appearance facelift. Gen 3 is based on an entirely different platform.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As an American, I am saddened they are no longer offering the Juke in their lineup. But also disappointed that they removed the Turbo from the Gen3 version

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
As an American, I am saddened they are no longer offering the Juke in their lineup. But also disappointed that they removed the Turbo from the Gen3 version
I think the Gen3 is offered with a 3 cylinder turbo in some parts of the world.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
It's a 1.0L turbo 3cyl. It has 117 h.p. but a respectable 148 lb-ft torque with 2900 lb curb weight. At least it has a 7 spd DSG transmission option and 6spd manual standard. I bet with some bolt-on mods it might actually get some decent power. The interior and exterior is a big jump and the handling is supposedly better. They should have kept the 1.6L turbo and offered the 7 spd DSG. American buyers weren't buying the Juke anymore whereas in Europe the Juke was very successful. Impressive it's still around after nearly 10 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
American buyers weren't buying the Juke anymore whereas in Europe the Juke was very successful. Impressive it's still around after nearly 10 years.
Yep, I understood it was a good business decision, but still I was sad to see it leave the US lineup :(

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Yep, I understood it was a good business decision, but still I was sad to see it leave the US lineup :(
The Juke would not pass the US safety designs set forth by the NTSB. Thats why they stopped advertising for the car. The sales lagged. BUT it was not continuing as a car here even if sales were still high.

·
Registered
892 Posts
2015-2019 is Gen 2 (2017 was the last north america/US model sold)
I find that amusing... North America and the US are in the same place. I could say "North America/Canada"... damn 'mercans. 🤪

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
2015-2019 models always felt to me more like a "refresh" then a generation change. Chassis code is still F15 for 10-19. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
2015-2019 models always felt to me more like a "refresh" then a generation change. Chassis code is still F15 for 10-19. Thoughts?
Good question.

What does WIKI say ?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
and Gen 1 is still the best looker👀
Haha I like the gen 2 best. The LEDs in the Gator lights and taillights are really cool, and I was never a fan of the turn signal just being a blob on the fender, I prefer the gen 2 led strip in the headlight as it cleans up the body lines. I love the Juke regardless of generation though, it's such a cool looking car. It's unabashedly modern and very, very Japanese. From a front quarter angle the way everything flows makes it look like a seriously expensive car, especially with the Nismo Body kit. I'm indifferent on the front grill between the two gens though, the gen 1 has a thinner grill than the 2015 and I think both look like they should have been....something else. I think I might actually coat mine in the smoked black plastidip when my carbon fiber front lip arrives. It's the only chrome besides the badging on the exterior and just looks out of place imo.

One thing I noticed when I was put in a loaner 2014 one time while the dealership had my car was the mirrors are way smaller. The 2015+ has literally zero blind spot because the car is so short and the mirrors so large but the 2014 did have a tiny little blind spot. I thought that was interesting.

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Yeah. Gen 2 looks better. But I would take a Gen 1 Nismo/RS with Gen2 tail lights and Side mirror lights.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think the 2011-2014 would be considered zenki, and the 2015-2019 koki. You will see something similar with the Silvia S14/ 240sx, where the chassis was still the same, but have noticeable aesthetic changes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts