Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the best day ever!

Ok, so i had this ticking noise near the front side pillar (passenger side) for months now. I've been reading over past threads about this issue, most say it was the cowl, some say it was the dashboard, but still had no luck after looking over these areas...

I tried everrything from driving with the wipers up, removing the glove box area, made sure all wires were properly cushioned, driving without the pillars, driving with a small amount of weight over the cowl, added velcro tape between spaces which silenced MOST vibrating sounds all over the car, but none of these solved the ticking issue... until today that is =]

I will post the pictures up later when the temp outside gets cooler (I live somewhere in the desert -_- ) but pretty much it was the metal part of the car near the windshield area that was creating the ticking noise.

Stay tuned (stupid heat)

UPDATE: Well here it is, i hope this helps out.

-I know there was a service bulletin that came out for this issue, but i'm 100% sure it is not the cowl (for my issue), there is already a felt tape placed in that area (My juke is 2012). My juke already visited the dealer "TWICE" for the ticking noise, and both visits was a fail... so i decided to do it myself.

-This procedure requires you to bend some areas, but nothing too damaging. (Trust me it's WORTH IT), even right now i still don't know how this procedure removed the noise, but it did.

1. This is the metal i'm talking about (Layered metal, they are probably hitting each other)

2. Using a flathead screw driver, insert it between the gaps and pull down (Just enough to separate).

3. The other hidden metal on metal in this area.

4. Behind the rubber tube is another section to bend.

There you go folks, that is how i solved "My" ticking problem. If you are still having a problem with this, and you already tried the cowl/felttape fix, try this out... this worked for me, and it feels good finally getting rid of that ******* annoying sound =]

UPDATE2: Drove the car through paved/unpaved road, small/big bumps, hot/cool temp, tight turns, and still no ticking sound.
I actually enjoy turning off the speakers now =]

·
Super Moderator
6,379 Posts
This is the best day ever!

Ok, so i had this ticking noise near the front side pillar (passenger side) for months now. I've been reading over past threads about this issue, most say it was the cowl, some say it was the dashboard, but still had no luck after looking over these areas...

I tried everrything from driving with the wipers up, removing the glove box area, made sure all wires were properly cushioned, driving without the pillars, driving with a small amount of weight over the cowl, added velcro tape between spaces which silenced MOST vibrating sounds all over the car, but none of these solved the ticking issue... until today that is =]

I will post the pictures up later when the temp outside gets cooler (I live somewhere in the desert -_- ) but pretty much it was the metal part of the car near the windshield area that was creating the ticking noise.

Stay tuned (stupid heat)

Congrats on the fix....Please share!....I can't wait to see pictures of the metal part you are referring to.

Like "52isntbigenough" said, there was a TSB (NTB 11033) that had ticking issues where the plastic cowl strip was rubbing against the windshield. The dealer used 4 felt strips to remedy the situation. Not sure if it completely worked for everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
I have a feeling I'm going to need a little more than 4 felt strips to stop the creeking now.

Something its missing here... Normally when I see a cat in you're state there I'd a large amount of illicit narcotics behind the dash...

Sent from AutoGuide.Com Android App.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Poor dashboard sitting there all vulnerable waiting for an accidental steel toed boot.

I call 2 cans of Great Stuff expanding foam to solve the creaks, squeaks, moans, groans and drafts.:p
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully title help stiffen the flimsy plastic on the door armrest as well

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the long wait, i decided to celebrate by cleaning the car lol, but here it is. =]

·
Super Moderator
6,379 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully title help stiffen the flimsy plastic on the door armrest as well
I was kidding about that, the great stuff should be called great mess if used incorrectly. It would silence lots of things but at the same time expand things that weren't meant to expand and get everything encased in sticky gunk.

·
Super Moderator
6,379 Posts
Sorry for the long wait, i decided to celebrate by cleaning the car lol, but here it is. =]
Wow...second person that got the Juke into "Invisible Cloak" mode. You cleaned it up so good you erased it.
...Maybe another post or two to your post count and you can post a picture.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow...second person that got the Juke into "Invisible Cloak" mode. You cleaned it up so good you erased it.
...Maybe another post or two to your post count and you can post a picture.
Is it not showing the pics in the first post below the UPDATE??

·
Super Moderator
6,379 Posts
Is it not showing the pics in the first post below the UPDATE??
LOL...It is. You should of mentioned you updated your OP. When we click on whats new it doesn't take us to the first post. It's all good now.

Very good pictures and directions. Thanks for posting this thread. We now have other options to check.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drove the car through paved/unpaved road, small/big bumps, hot/cool temp, tight turns, and still no ticking sound.
I actually enjoy turning off the speakers now =]

LOL...It is. You should of mentioned you updated your OP. When we click on whats new it doesn't take us to the first post. It's all good now.

Very good pictures and directions. Thanks for posting this thread. We now have other options to check.
Oops my bad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts