Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You like them? I don't mind the location but those housings stick out way too much. I wish they would not be so extreme.
Anyway I was looking at a dealers Juke in the morning and BOTH of the housings had considerable condensation fogging in them. Are they not sealed against water getting in? Is that going to be a constant problem?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You like them? I don't mind the location but those housings stick out way too much. I wish they would not be so extreme.
Anyway I was looking at a dealers Juke in the morning and BOTH of the housings had considerable condensation fogging in them. Are they not sealed against water getting in? Is that going to be a constant problem?
I thought the same thing at first about the condensation but I checked this morning and it was on the outside of the lens not inside so its not a problem.

I like they way they look so not a problem here. If I didn't like them I wouldn't have bought the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Crocodile tears ?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Anyone changed those to a different color yet? Not the signals but the running lights? I'm thinking about it...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they should be airtight - or at least watertight though, no?
Well you think they would be but I wonder if they way they stick out makes them vulnerable to having rain forced into them. The ones I saw had condensation in them and I would like to know if that is common.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Well you think they would be but I wonder if they way they stick out makes them vulnerable to having rain forced into them. The ones I saw had condensation in them and I would like to know if that is common.
How closely did you verify the condensation was inside?

I've seen condensation on mine several times and each time it appeared to be inside but wiping the outside confirmed the inside was dry and the condensation was on the outside of the lens.

I think its an optical illusion that makes it appear they're moist on the inside.

I've been through several heavy rains and they're still dry inside.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I should think both air and watertight!

Maybe you cannot have one without the other??
actually you can have something that is watertight but not airtight (breathable gore-tex jackets for one) In my line of work i deal with leaks often and sometimes things leak gases but not fluids

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How closely did you verify the condensation was inside?

I've seen condensation on mine several times and each time it appeared to be inside but wiping the outside confirmed the inside was dry and the condensation was on the outside of the lens.

I think its an optical illusion that makes it appear they're moist on the inside.

I've been through several heavy rains and they're still dry inside.
You might be right. I did not verify and you have so it is possible it just looks internal. Glad to know it is not a problem then.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Anyone changed those to a different color yet? Not the signals but the running lights? I'm thinking about it...

I pulled the yellow running light bulb and went with a white Sylvania. Looks much better!

Also, there is some condensation in mine as well but it disapates pretty quick. No real water in there as they seem to be pretty tight, just a small air leak where the bulbs are put through the housing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
THE so called alligator eyes got a purpose when it comes to deflecting wind and having it glide along the body so i have read on the secret jukebook...but it could also be bs..

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
The saleman said the same thing....considering the wind noise though, I would call BS as well.

They probably have some affect, but it's most likely coincidental.

For me, they just look bad ***, functional or not.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think they add a lot of character, I think cars with a face are a lot cooler than not, although I don't like the new mazda smile, but I still have a soft spot for mazda.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
some pics with the led lights :D

what i noticed is that also the rearlights, headights and even sidelights can be fogging on the inside, really depends on the weather.

hella even speaks about a own climate in headlights

1 - 20 of 48 Posts