Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a sapphire blue onyx 2011 SL AWD and have just under 250,000 kms on it. I drive it five days a week 100 kms/day. Now I'm thinking of getting a 2016 SL AWD with 27,942 kms on it for just under $19,000 CDN. It's white with red trim, red centre console, red side mirrors, red interior and exterior door handles, red trim around the headlights, red spoiler, black leather seats, navigation, sunroof, 360 cam. If it's still available, I'm going to give my current Juke to my son and put my old Versa in storage in case my other son ever decides to drive. Almost 26 and still doesn't have his license!! What's wrong with kids these days! I'm hoping it's a good move as my current Juke has been good to me and I'm hoping this one will be the same. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's still available. 馃馃馃樅

Super Moderator
It is a nice upgrade going from Gen1 to Gen2. If you can justify the expense. I say go for it. New cars today just have a few more safety features. Going for a newer Nissan will net you this but less power and less fun to drive.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the Gen2 Juke? I wish this new car had the strip lights down the bottom at the front like the Nismo has instead of the round fog lights. I also wish it had a black hood too. I noticed that the GPS looks different from what I have. Are the screens the same size?

Hey, how did you become a super moderator? Is that a paid job or do you do that on your spare time? Do you just go onto different threads and make sure nothing bad is going on and make comments every once in awhile? And what makes you a super moderator as opposed to a regular moderator? And if you sold your Juke, would that mean that you no longer could be a moderator for this forum?

I just realized today, that the Juke badge (is that what it's called) and the AWD SL is missing from the back of my car. I don't know what made me think of it, but as I walked away from my car I looked back and that's when I noticed it. I had my bumper replaced in 2017 and I guess they forgot to stick it back on. It is probably long gone now. Oh well, if I hadn't noticed until now, I guess I don't really need it.

Registered
I read it all twice I still cant keep up! o_O

Registered
Discussion Starter #6

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Bargeld, you're a bit of an ass aren't you!

Registered
I promise that it was not meant to be offensive. Just that last post had alot to process, and although you did try to break it up into small easy to digest parts I still choked on the amount of questions you were able to ask in one continuous paragraph.

Super Moderator
Do you have the Gen2 Juke? I wish this new car had the strip lights down the bottom at the front like the Nismo has instead of the round fog lights. I also wish it had a black hood too. I noticed that the GPS looks different from what I have. Are the screens the same size?

Hey, how did you become a super moderator? Is that a paid job or do you do that on your spare time? Do you just go onto different threads and make sure nothing bad is going on and make comments every once in awhile? And what makes you a super moderator as opposed to a regular moderator? And if you sold your Juke, would that mean that you no longer could be a moderator for this forum?
I was asked years ago to help mod the forum. It does not pay. I am retired so I have enough free time to check it often enough to keep it civil.

As far as selling and not modding the forum. There are no requirements like that. We are lucky the forums are still alive.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Well, at least I don't think I'll be seeing Bargeld on my thread any more! Thank you Juke Forum!

Mac, I know you've been on here a long time and I remember talking to you way back in the day...but it bothers me when I see someone like Bargeld come onto a person's thread and is rude and insulting. I see him doing it all the time to other people.

I still choked on the amount of questions you were able to ask in one continuous paragraph.
noob, I'm a woman and we ask questions...how do you think we know so much and rule the world!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
So my hopes of an upgrade have been quashed. Alas, it was not meant to be. Found out it had been rear ended with $14,000 damage. I guess I鈥檒l keep looking. I did notice on my test drive that it didn鈥檛 seem to have as much power as my 2011. I tried driving in every mode and even sport mode didn鈥檛 have that take off feeling like my car does. The only good thing that came out of it was that I got to stop off at Arby鈥檚!!

Registered
With all due respect to the members of this thread, each of you meant no real ill-will, I believe. What strikes me here is really simply gender difference in talk. Guys, please try to allow for that. You'd be like, "Just the facts, mam, just the facts," when sometimes the female also considers her relation to you--trying to be friends. She is speaking at two levels when you guys at one. Consider this the next time with your partner, and if sensitive to it, you'll be her hero.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Ninja but I know how men think...women talk too much. But at least we ask for directions instead of driving around in circles going nowhere!

Registered
women talk too much
Not really. Men for example are known to dominate conversations. Wouldn't that be talking too much? My understanding is that on first dates, men tend to talk a lot about themselves (a focus on ME). If true, isn't that talking too much? Also, there are men who talk too much. That's their personality--their yap never stops. So I don't think it's volume of talk, but rather purpose. Men and women tend to differ about purpose of talk. Nothing wrong about your talk; nor for the men, theirs. Simply a natural difference.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
When women talk, all men hear is blah, blah, blah, but we keep on talking for a purpose because we know eventually you will get tired of listening to us and zone out, and that's when we run to the car and grab all those bags of stuff we just bought and sneak it into the house so you don't notice!

Men just like to talk to see who has the most power over the other. Who can brag the most about what you know or what you have! But we don't mind. We just smile, nod our heads and agree so that you'll feel good and want to take us out for dinner or buy us something nice! 馃槣

Registered
A lot of women would agree. And I think the basis of all of that are cross-purposes. Again neither gender is better than the other; but we are conditioned to talk differently. Such difference can lead to breakups without either party knowing full well.

Registered
So my hopes of an upgrade have been quashed. Alas, it was not meant to be. Found out it had been rear ended with $14,000 damage. I guess I鈥檒l keep looking. I did notice on my test drive that it didn鈥檛 seem to have as much power as my 2011. I tried driving in every mode and even sport mode didn鈥檛 have that take off feeling like my car does. The only good thing that came out of it was that I got to stop off at Arby鈥檚!!
You didn't pay $19k for a wonky wreck with the allure of low mileage..

Guess it goes back to the old saying
If its too good to be true...

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
You know, Sector, even though I walked away, a part of me still wanted to get it. But I was told, with that amount of damage and the shoddy workmanship, you never know what other troubles lurk under there! So regrettably, I will go back to looking. It was just not meant to be...I will look at the silver lining and believe that everything happens for a reason and something better and cheaper will come along. If I wish it...it will come true!!

Registered
You did the right thing Catwoman. There are so many microprocessors in modern cars these days. Placed all throughout the body. After an accident like that anyone of them may be 'pinched' in the panels and cause all kinds of driveability issues.
That's why it's for sale despite the low mileage. The original owner knows it doesn't drive the same. You sensed it too when you drove it. Trust your instincts!
You know, Sector, even though I walked away, a part of me still wanted to get it. But I was told, with that amount of damage and the shoddy workmanship, you never know what other troubles lurk under there! So regrettably, I will go back to looking. It was just not meant to be...I will look at the silver lining and believe that everything happens for a reason and something better and cheaper will come along. If I wish it...it will come true!!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts