Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Returning to my Juke in a store parking lot, I couldn't help but admire its shapes and overall appearance. It just hasn't grown old on me.

On the way home I was thinking back to the first time I saw one in person, almost 10 years ago. I was at the dealership getting another family Murano when I spotted the Juke on the showroom floor.

WTF was that?, I recall saying. I still remember taking a seat in it and admiring the unique interior, like the painted and motorcycle tank shaped center console. I wanted one instantly.

I finally got one in 2014 and I'm now on my second. Unless something else comes along that has the look AND performance/fun factor, I see myself three years from now looking for the lowest mileage, latest model RS I can find. They are so cool...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The Juke's shape is still modern to this day. I think shape wise it looks much better than many current CUVs. Huge plus for me was that even base model Juke's got the same engine nowadays entry level models from Kona, Seltos, Soul all get a gutless motor.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
It's design is ahead of it's time. The Juke, the Nismo and Nismo RS especially, are going to be one of those cars people look back on in a decade or two and go "huh, that was pretty cool, wonder why that wasn't more popular or well liked"?

Sour counter marketing fueled by an era of shitbox "rebirthed" American muscle cars, coupled with a launch right in the middle of CVT hate fervor, meant the Juke never truly got it's due. A Japanese built turbo AWD platform with a truly sporty suspension and body dynamics.....and a rare, sport focused Nismo RS variant.......and "car culture" in America hated it? General public consensus on cars is awful in the USA and it absolutely kills anything cool and affordable. We truly have the most awful car culture here and I sincerely mean that. America sucks for cars. People get real opinionated about things that are different and then go blindly buy an 70k SUV that far, far, far exceeds their actual size needs. Driving my Xterra around I feel like I'm in a tank, but the average car buyer in the USA would classify it as "small".

Couldn't agree more on the cars shape though. I think the car has a really cool balance of sleek, cool, futuristic, and cute. It's a spunky little Japanese car that isn't bashful about its origins and I love that. Nissan took a gamble bringing it to the states and while it wasn't a financial failure it definitely was a marketing failure. I love how complex the sheet metal is - the overall shape. It's expensive to get sheet metal in these kinds of forms and in that regard the Juke is a great value. I also love how, at least with the Nismo, you don't have any ugly unpainted plastic.

One thing I will say is the RS should have gotten wider tires. The 255's I have on now fit the vehicle much, much better. The 225 stockers are just a bit too skinny, they don't fill out the car from the back properly and I also feel like they aren't quite enough to take advantage of the cars capabilities when you start to push past 9/10ths. I also dislike how the exhaust hangs below the rear differential, but that is a virtually unavoidable packaging constraint so it is what it is. Lastly they should have ditched the fake paddle shifters and painted thebezel surround Nismo red instead of that tacky fake carbon fiber. Those are literally my only gripes about the car. Well that and the RS should have come with the Nismo exhaust and the Nismo CAI as stock, though combined that's like $500 so just roll it into the price and whatever I guess.

·
Super Moderator
10,902 Posts
It is more of a Hot Hatch than a Sport SUV.

But hopefully someday it gets more recognition.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If only they made a AWD manual. Now THAT would have been sweet.

I mean I love my lil CVT AWD 1.6, but I would love it that much more if it was manual.

It has fun lines, and is a blast to drive. I am happy I got mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts