Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you don't understand image you make stupid mistakes like this (JUKE). Anything that represents the vehicle is part of its overall image. The name of the vehicle carries alot of weight in this department. It can mean the difference between respect and disrespect. It is a part of the package that makes the first impression. In this case we have a beautiful vehicle getting crushed right off the bat. The trauma is severe and I don't like what I hear. Many who are not fans of Nissan will evaluate the car and go straight for its vulnerability, in this case the name. Oh what a name! Oh what a shame! Making that first impression is so critical and having a name that's well thought out allows those who like and dislike Nissan to concentrate on more of the vehicle instead of the name and that can make the difference between success and failure of the presentation. This is where Nissan failed and I'm sure it cost them sales. Whether or not the vehicle has been successful in sales should not overlook those who's attention could not be held on other areas of the vehicle and that is because the name is such a disgrace that it's marked like a target for attack and that's where they shoot first. From this point it's like a downward spiral. What could have been avoided has now taken center stage and from here they just rip the vehicle apart and lose interest. What? Did I say lose interest? What could that mean? People being turned off over a name? Buh Buh Buh Bullsh*t! Surely no one would refuse to buy the vehicle because of its name. Of course not. The name is not that important. I mean a stupid name will only get so much attention. So much negative attention that they won't care to evaluate any further and the cycle continues and grows as they reel in more people to hate on this vehicle and it all begins with "the name". Believe it or not! Hatred to one part of the vehicle (the name) can spawn more hatred to other parts of the vehicle and that my friends will cost you sales. These are people who have not seen the vehicle in real life or even experienced a drive but they're on the attack. Who set them up for that? It's a lack on Nissan's part to understand image and the importance of the name. I have years of experience in this department. Don't argue with me and tell me you don't agree. It's called "image" and image isn't just anything, it's "everything!". When it comes time to deliver if you're off where it counts it's over. They're gonna rip you apart. When you fail here the vehicle will instantly lose respect in more areas than one. The damage is done and Nissan "Fu*ked Up!" by giving this vehicle a point of vulnerability that is now of immense consequence. Read the comments and it will go on and on and on and they will lose sales and sales and sales for the entire lifespan of this vehicle under this name. Now the numbers will convince them that they're selling well but the fact is those numbers could have been a lot more impressive and they could have prevented this "PUKE" crowd from ever existing (a crowd that now spreads like a virus and is detrimental to their success) had they performed a more thorough evaluation of the name "JUKE". When you don't understand image you make stupid mistakes that costs you more than you know.

was nissan puke already taken?
MrFrnkieb5 months ago

They should have called it the joke instead of the juke
MistahE35 months ago

i call it the nissan puke
kastrishis9 months ago

car looks like a joke..
Winkdoe9 months ago

We call it the Nissan Joke in my area.
hondase11 months ago

I agree that its not the name I would have chosen, however I would still buy one if they called it a Puke
dredawgz1in reply to MrPman851(Show the comment)10 months ago

ugly,deff a joke.
Acc0rd791 year ago

Nissan joke....
TheOne421 year ago

"Juke".The worst name EVER for a vehicle like this!

MrPman8511 year ago

the funy part is someone will buy one. because they like the way it looks.
wutang611 year ago

Should be called the Nissan Puke!
faceclutch1 year ago

Best comment ive seen so far, Nissan PUKE!!! haha so true, another terrible car on the market, hello Pontiac Aztec of the 2000's!
Niche791 year ago

its better to be called a JOKE
mondegz1 year ago

its a joke, the cousin of pontiac aztec
satishkumarkandala1 year ago

They missed up the spelling :p
it's not a Juke it's JOKE !
for the god sake's Nissan you must be kidding !
WejdanAlharbi10 months ago

Joke+ puke = juke
TheJasonwootten11 months ago

Hey,your right. 'Joke' plus 'Puke' does make 'Juke'.
That was your point, right?
doubleKlutchin reply to dukefan8408(Show the comment)7 months ago 2

Nissan Puke , not Juke
EID1994ALBASSA1 year ago

more like a nissan joke!!!
djkasdjkasdjdjdj1 year ago

I think Nissan should rename this car into Nissan JOke
hercegovac001 year ago

thats what I think when I see juke's design...jukes pukes design. :)
Johndoe9278in reply to tom11zz884(Show the comment)1 year ago

Nissan Puke? oh wait it's Juke -.-
TurnOver3601 year ago

Juke? More like Puke. Ugliest car ever.
mischiefpwns1 year ago

I think I just threw up in my mouth!!!
ShermanMR21 year ago

Nissan spelled "Joke" wrong.
1970CamaroZ1 year ago

Thumbs down for the Nissan Joke...how could they ever think the Americans would want this sh*t?
Niche791 year ago

DAMN that's UGLY......Nissan JOKE is more like it!!
Teeebs1 year ago

Hey look, it's a JOKE!!!!
binhvo25091 year ago

The all new Nissan Joke, I mean Juke..
jkhaira1 year ago

nissan joke lol thats funny its like juke but with an "O".
dcschroeder151 year ago

I think they've misspelled JOKE and reached Juke
codrinseth151 year ago

I think Nissan should name it Nissan Joke instead of Juke

dhdnjo1 year ago

Nissan Juke nah! Should be Puke makes me feel sick whenever i see it !
loshasguy1 year ago

Even the name sounds gross...

chrisknows1 year ago

Juke means cockroach in hebrew Lol
MrYair35710 months ago

Nissan Joke? Did they misspell it?
How about Nissn Puke?
My god, what is going on?
buceintoronto10 months ago

why is this car called juke? it should be puke!
David Torrance2 years ago

NissanPuke / Joke / Junk
carmgn562 years ago

I must say , that is one Nissan puke
Piotrekwrocpl2 years ago

Should of called it PUKE, since I nearing throw up after seeing a ugliest car i've ever witness.
Unities2 years ago 2

nissan pjuke, this car is for women and ****
KarelYalek1 2year ago

That is one ugly looking car

They should have called it the Nissan Puke
swillyrovers1 week ago

Two words, Juke... Puke...
BodyArtist751 year ago

the joker car LooooooL
Q8AKIRA9 months ago

Here's one way you can tell if the name is a very poor choice. I've had 7 people so far ask "what type of vehicle do you drive?", I said "A Juke." So far 7 people have said "A What?" and some have even asked to spell it, just to get it. I've gotten so sick and tired of telling and spelling for people the name of this vehicle that I just lie now and say "It's a Rogue" considering they're not in the presence of the vehicle, of course. "Oh, a Rogue. I've seen that." "A Juke", "A What?", "What is that?", "Can you spell it?", "No I'm not gonna spell it ***** cause now it's a Rogue". (Evidence of Nissan's failure to evaluate the reception of the name.)

Here's another way you can tell if the name is a very poor choice. WTF does it ryhme with you idiots at Nissan? The name was such a disappointment that I had to debadge my vehicle and "PUKE" at the same time.

Since the damage is already done and there isn't any chance of recovery I've decided to give the vehicle my own name and I'm not saying it's the perfect name but since this vehicle has already been through hell and is viewed as a joke through its name by many I figured if they're going to continue to make fun of it why not let the vehicle have some more attention. The "Joker" is the name I have chosen for the vehicle. It gets attention. It's easy to say, it's easy to spell, and unlike "JUKE" it doesn't rhyme with "PUKE".

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Mitsubishi triton

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
6,379 Posts
You have great photoshop skills. I want!

I was talking to a guy while in line at Starbucks...for some reason he decided to follow me to my car and ask about it.

I knew he wanted to bash it but he resisted. He asked how I liked it and blah blah blah.

Soon as he got his opening he said it kind of looks like a frog as he 'girl' giggled. (fReAk!)
I guess he felt really proud of himself. He laughed his butt off. I said "Thank you why don't you kiss it and turn it into a prince so you can go out with him" Than I laughed and got in my car. I hope he remembers that "burn sauce" for a long long time.

Reacting is human nature, It doesn't bother me one bit. Bring it on. I can either ignore it or comment back. I won't lose sleep over it. The only thing that would bother me is driving a rust bucket beater.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I liked the way the Juke looked, and reading comments like what you posted is what made the choice easy for me. The more negative comments I read, the more I loved it. I get tired of telling people what it is too though. I normally just show them my keychain.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haha Puke, I love it and was blissfully unaware of the hatred. Luckily I've gotten nothing but compliments from shops, tuners, and bystanders alike. I'm definitely taking ownership of the Puke though... haha... Nissan Puke.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Coworker: Dude i hate the look of the front of your car it looks like a pissed off spider!
Me: I bet you'll never see the front while driving on the road.
Coworker: ...
*NEXT DAY*
Coworker: Dude i didn't know your car has turbo!
Me: ...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Most names can be made fun of. FORD - Found On Roadside Dead. So what! Its all in the complete package. Ton's of people bashed the Tempo's and I loved them. They ran forever (being a ford). You can't make everyone happy with one car. Or there would only be one choice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
# 1 I liked the name Juke actually. I love Juke Boxes and it reminded me of that.
# 2 People bash what they don't understand, and because it's new that is what they will do. Once it's been around longer, I don't think it will get treated the same.
# 3 It is the most unique car on the road, and a few of my friends, before I got the car, laughed at it. When I got it though, and they saw it in person, they realize how awesome and unique it is. I think the professional photos make it look a bit silly some times but in person it's a lot smaller and visually stimulating =) especially when they see the inside.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Every car on the planet has people who hate on it, and it doesn't require it to rhyme. Not to say that a name can't hurt sales, just look at the Nova as a case in point when they tried to sell it in spanish speaking markets. Nova - No va = No go. The Juke is a polarizing vehicle, some people love it, some people will hate it, it was not designed to be a 'safe' car. I like the name "Juke" it matches the cars "personality." The fact that it has great sales in Europe, and shattered their expected sales figures in the US, I don't think anyone's head is rolling over the name. lol.

And what a great source of data for comments on a car.... Youtube. lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
That's probably going to get you on a watch list as a potential guy who idolizes the Dark Knight Rises premiere shooter.

Nothing wrong with the name Juke among football fans. Well, maybe, since it essentially means fake out.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Haha Puke, I love it and was blissfully unaware of the hatred. Luckily I've gotten nothing but compliments from shops, tuners, and bystanders alike. I'm definitely taking ownership of the Puke though... haha... Nissan Puke.
I feel like more people I'm the automotive industry like it than the general public. All the places I've been by that were seeing it for the first time the people would admit they thought it looked goofy in the media, but seeing it up close they realize it is a fun little car.

I think one of the things, which was touched on by another, is that it is a unique shape. Car guys love that it isn't another cookie cutter design but change scares people with small brain capacity it seems.

I like the name "Juke"and once it is really built up it'll really juke people on the road.... Much fun :)

Sent from AutoGuide.Com Android App.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dont care what they call it as long the car fulfils what I want from it and appeals to me, after all Im the one makin the payments. I think the Bugatti Veyron is WAAAY uglier..and that cost a MILLION BUCKS. Seriously..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Every car on the planet has people who hate on it, and it doesn't require it to rhyme. Not to say that a name can't hurt sales, just look at the Nova as a case in point when they tried to sell it in spanish speaking markets. Nova - No va = No go. The Juke is a polarizing vehicle, some people love it, some people will hate it, it was not designed to be a 'safe' car. I like the name "Juke" it matches the cars "personality." The fact that it has great sales in Europe, and shattered their expected sales figures in the US, I don't think anyone's head is rolling over the name. lol.

And what a great source of data for comments on a car.... Youtube. lol
I don't see what's so funny with an audience of more than 800 million every month worldwide on YouTube. An audience of all ages, gender and geography. YouTube has some of the most informative videos on the Juke. Plenty to hear and see. The videos posted here are from YouTube. What a terrible source! The hate on this vehicle is excessive and the name is poor. You can argue all you want there's nothing that's going to change the fact the name is working against the vehicle. When I had the 240SX, I could say 240SX, when we had a Stanza, we could say Stanza, the Murano, no problem, but with this freaking name you have to spell it out, show someone your keychain, or wear a Juke hat. They can shatter their expected sales figures and still not be at their best. If you're thinking sales you always want to shoot for your best. If you're losing somewhere you are losing and that is the bottom line. If Nissan can't see it then they're blind. The name is affecting sales negatively and it's an easy target for attack and it's going to continue on just like that. It's what you can't see that can hurt you.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How many on here have debadged their vehicle? It's embarrasing just to ride around with this name. They don't laugh much at the vehicle when they see it but when they hear the name they laugh, and I'm sure when they see it on the vehicle as well. The name really is a Joke. I love the vehicle but I hate the name. I'd be happier with 3 numbers followed by 2 letters.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haha, you're really upset with the name aren't you? I really don't mind it and I feel most people aren't really bothered by it. Like Push and some others have stated... almost every car has some bad rhyming name scheme to it just like when kids make names up for others in grammar school. Also, and I think the most important thing to remember here is that you cant take youtube comments seriously, I know, I'm an internet aficionado! It's like taking Yahoo Answers at their word... trolls trolls trolls. As my friend so forever'ly engrained into my vernacular, they are Keyboard Gangsters. ESPECIALLY on youtube. You can see a lovely video of a grandmother dancing with her grandson at a wedding and half the comments will read "FAGmama dances with AIDSboy, ahha what assholes, soooo wrinkly LOL". Ive frequented some legitimate news and car sites and the comments in the review sections of those legitimate websites have much smarter commentary on Juke styling and such.

Long story short... Youtube is full of Keyboard Gangsters who don't really care.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont care what they call it as long the car fulfils what I want from it and appeals to me, after all Im the one makin the payments. I think the Bugatti Veyron is WAAAY uglier..and that cost a MILLION BUCKS. Seriously..
There's alot of vehicles uglier than the Juke. But even the ugly one's have better names. Names you can tell and names you don't have to spell. It's sad. Juke is a four letter word and you gotta spell it out cause you can't tell it out.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Haha, you're really upset with the name aren't you? I really don't mind it and I feel most people aren't really bothered by it. Like Push and some others have stated... almost every car has some bad rhyming name scheme to it just like when kids make names up for others in grammar school. Also, and I think the most important thing to remember here is that you cant take youtube comments seriously, I know, I'm an internet aficionado! It's like taking Yahoo Answers at their word... trolls trolls trolls. As my friend so forever'ly engrained into my vernacular, they are Keyboard Gangsters. ESPECIALLY on youtube. You can see a lovely video of a grandmother dancing with her grandson at a wedding and half the comments will read "FAGmama dances with AIDSboy, ahha what assholes, soooo wrinkly LOL". Ive frequented some legitimate news and car sites and the comments in the review sections of those legitimate websites have much smarter commentary on Juke styling and such.

Long story short... Youtube is full of Keyboard Gangsters who don't really care.
Haha, you're missing the point. The "PUKE" crowd should not even exist had they put some thought into the name. The name is a poor choice not only because of what it rhymes with but also because it's followed by "A What?" or "Spell It?" or "Should I write it cause I can't tell it?"

I debadged my vehicle months ago before this post. Yeah, I'm really upset. I came here to represent the vehicle and the name tears it down. Anything that works against my goal will eventually get to me. Good thing I'm almost done. I don't have many more posts and don't need to contribute much more to these forums. The end of the road is near but before I leave I'm going to shout and shout and let it all out. These are the things I can do without. Come on, I'm talking to you Nissan, come on.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts