Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hashing around getting something different to replace my SHO. Yeah not gonna sell the Juke but maybe trade my SHO in. So I would want another " Go Fast " inexpensive per say vehicle.

So far I am sold on the Ford Edge Sport. It is bigger than the Juke but smaller than the SHO in most ways. The 2.7 TT V6 is a very good motor and it tunes extremely well. $600 for 80-100 whp / wtq is easy. She rides stiff and handles well. Like a big Juke. The alternative is the Lincoln MK-X. Just a softer riding Edge Sport.

Lots of 2017's in the market of all types of cars since the 3 year leases are entering the field.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Lexus RX 350, BMW X5 xDrive35i , Audi q5 3.0t, Acura RDX. Toyota Highlander XLE, Infinity QX60, VW Touareg. A few I'd put on a short list and dig deeper into. They seem ballpark price and power. I'm not a fan of American brand vehicles for some reason. It's probably not a healthy prejudice to have, but it's something I can't shake. Though I personally wouldn't get anything too similar to the Juke. Either bigger and more luxurious, or a sport compact tuner type project car.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah so far I am leaning on the Edge Sport. I already have the tuner for it so its an easy power upgrade

Price and miles is the issue. $25K and 25K miles is what I am looking for..

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You stuck on getting an suv? Or would go for maybe a 2 door? Or even a bit older vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking to buy miles. The SHO has 48,000. So get a car with less than that and newer year. 2017 is the 3 year lease window so they are the deals right now.

I did find a 2019 SHO and Edge Sport in West Chester Pa. 45mins away. Both with less than 10k and both around $30k and both with certified warranties. So we shall see how the Corona goes but the wife is game. She said no Flex. Too big. Edge Sport really does drive like a bigger Juke but WAY faster. I was very surprised.

But I am game for ideas. Top line Jukes were almost 30k in the day.

What were you thinking ?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Not sure if you like Camaros or Mustangs but the newer ones go for pretty cheap and run good out of the box.

Edit - was also going to say ATS-V but they are still 40K.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Limit is 30k and a big no for Mustangs and Camaors.

So 2017 on up and 30K plus gotta at least get out of its shadow.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You either need to bump up your $ amount or go a bit older for my ideas then haha. You could do a last year model Evo. I think it was 2015 though. They do good with just a tune. Plus AWD and you can get an awesome dual clutch trans or a manual.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I thought about that but it has to pass the "Wife" test.......

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Well Evo and luxury are not two words that are ever combined in the same sentence. So ya.... she might not go for it. You would love it though! You can throw the whole resale thing at her though. The Evo will hold its value better then most cars.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She is more concerned with "newer", less miles, and warranty. I get that as they are high on my list.

As this Corona continues. There will be less used cars I would think ? Might drive prices up ? Not sure.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Gas is down, TP is up. Let's think about this.
Regardless, I 've always liked the look of the Edge and Ford somehow pulled of turbo motors. GM sucks outright.
I think your options for 30k (so like, 40+cdn) are somewhat limited.
For me, if I HAD to go domestic (seems like what you're leaning at) it would be Ford. Again, GM sucks and Dodge is a power hungry 20 cylinder make the most power possible company.
There's not much out there to satisfy the regular dude who wants a fun little car to drive (aka: Juke). Golf R?
I would LOVE to get a stinger but there it is folks, $$$.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked at Stingers $$$$$. They are small like a Fusion. I can get a Fusion Sport that will be fast as fast can be for cheap. 18-19k.

Golf R is too small for us.

Really any 2017 and Up used vehicle for under 30k with 30k miles. Mind you you gotta top a 2017 Ford Edge Sport with the 2.7 ltr Twin Turbo V6 or a 2019 SHO 3.5 TT V6

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Dodge has a $100 per horsepower discount and a $5k discount on 2019 models, my father in law got a challenger scat pack for $30k

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have curiosity for AWD Camry. But I don't think it's torque-vectoring like the Juke. My retirements coming up so I need something that will last. I'd probably opt for fwd and winter tires to keep simple.

Insurance on my NISMO is very reasonable compared to other cars I've had. I wonder though if that will last? Older models like the Juke don't have safety shield. But then I've heard safety shield components are more expensive to repair.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dodge has a $100 per horsepower discount and a $5k discount on 2019 models, my father in law got a challenger scat pack for $30k
Yeah it might be a good time in a few months to get a new car.......Or any car for that matter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts