Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes, I am not very surprised. Nissan doesn't really put any sounds in to their cars, only 370Z and GT-R. Even my maxima doesn't really have much roaring sound which i wish it did. They call it 4 door sports car but it lacks of nice deep roar sound like the infiniti G37. You might be able to replace the exhaust with a after market one like the dealer told me I could do with only approved brands like nismo or stillen and few more brands out there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Every time i see the road test videos (and there are many of them) most of the North American ones are set in here Vancouver where the test drive event was held, I get so PO'd as I still haven't seen the car in the flesh. All I see in every vid is a bunch of people unaware that a bunch of never-seen-before Jukes are driving by and they don't even bat an eyelid. oh how I wish I had known about the preview, I would have gone and sat on the route just to see the juke drive by:(

·
Registered
296 Posts
Engine sound? On my RAV4, the ticking of my watch drives me mad!!

Seriously, when climbing the on-ramp, I feel I am piloting a 747 at take-off, then when I join the mainstream, the feeling is, as if the plane had reached its cruising speed and altitude!!

So, why am I contemplating the change? Well, I guess firstly because I can and secondly, there has been so much hype, that I need to see and feel for myself!

OK, there is a third reason, my RAV4 is nearly seven years old, with 25 thou. miles on the clock.

Oh! By the way, the Juke is waiting for me at the Dealership, now!! Must find the time to go see!!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Ahh, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there's another video on here where you can hear the sound--couldn't find it quickly. It goes "whirrrrrr!" I kinda like it!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Ewww, I'm not so sure I will be able to deal with that. It sounds very toyish. I don't like the really loud Civics with the fart cans, but this is on the totally opposite side of the spectrum. I have two blind men that live around the corner from me. They may not hear me and cross in front of the car...

·
Registered
71 Posts
It sounds like most newer, quieter cars to me. I was just looking underneath ours this morning and lack of a substantial exhaust note was immediately obvious.

First off, 1.6L = Small
Secondly, turbos slow down the exhaust flow (ie. listen to a stock N/A vs. stock turbo Jetta which have the exact same exhaust aft of the cat -resonator & muffler- from the factory; the turbo car will be quieter than the N/A car, despite the additional power)
And, when looking under our Juke, I noticed it has a rather large resonator and muffler for such a small engine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Every time i see the road test videos (and there are many of them) most of the North American ones are set in here Vancouver where the test drive event was held, I get so PO'd as I still haven't seen the car in the flesh. All I see in every vid is a bunch of people unaware that a bunch of never-seen-before Jukes are driving by and they don't even bat an eyelid. oh how I wish I had known about the preview, I would have gone and sat on the route just to see the juke drive by:(
ahahaha i know exactly how you feel!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I notice the sound even at lower speeds. I kind of enjoy it actually. More so as it is rather loud and the sound is distinctive enough that pedestrians take a look about as well. I actually scared one last week while they were crossing the street, they jumped like I was going to hit them and I was still well enough away and almost stopped. Think it will go over well in tight corners like shopping malls where some people could learn having the right of way does not mean the right to be ignorant of your surroundings.

·
Registered
393 Posts
For sure I'll be putting in some extra sound deathening in the trunk to make it even more quieter.....

·
Registered
665 Posts
I enjoy the sound of the motor, especially when the turbo has full boost and everything is whistling. It kinda sounds like the Tesla Roadster.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is anyone else slightly disappointed that the turbo does not have the traditional turbo sound? Like the whistling type sound when the turbo actually spools up.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes, I am not very surprised. Nissan doesn't really put any sounds in to their cars, only 370Z and GT-R. Even my maxima doesn't really have much roaring sound which i wish it did. They call it 4 door sports car but it lacks of nice deep roar sound like the infiniti G37. You might be able to replace the exhaust with a after market one like the dealer told me I could do with only approved brands like nismo or stillen and few more brands out there.
The CVT is the reason

·
Registered
27 Posts
Would the turbo be louder if you removed the heat sheild. I did on my sti and it was night and day difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts