Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if all the trim levels of the Juke have keyless entry, or just the higher ones, but I know Nissan is very proud of this. The guy who showed me the Rogue made a big deal of it: "just walk up to the vehicle with the key in your pocket and it recognizes you."

But this article from MSN autos says that keyless entry systems have a down side, and that the automakers:
don't consider how people use their cars in the real world.Remarkably, these devices have yet to spark a public flogging like BMW's iDrive mouse control, which after six years is still daring owners to switch between AM and FM without proper medication. But even iDrive won't steal money from your pocket, make you vulnerable to thieves, or leave you stranded.
Keyless Isn't Painless - MSN Autos

What do you think? and can you get a regular key instead?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have had this option for past four years on few of the cars I have owned and I would not go any other way. Key is a thing of the past. I am totally used to it and love it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have also had this feature in my Altima for 3 years. It's a great feature. The advantages far outweigh any potential disadvantages. I've never experienced any of the downsides mentioned by the author of the article.

·
Registered
123 Posts
As I read that story all i could think was PICNIC a term that the IT guy at my office uses a lot, Problem In Chair, Not In Computer. User error doesn't make a good feature bad IMO

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
As I read that story all i could think was PICNIC a term that the IT guy at my office uses a lot, Problem In Chair, Not In Computer. User error doesn't make a good feature bad IMO

same thinking here and love the word picnic

the article gives only examples of failure by the user, not of the technoligy.

typical msn artical haha :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts