Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm 6'3". Will I fit comfortably in driver's seat? Head room ok? Leg room?
Is there more head room without a moonroof?

I drive a 2003 Matrix and don't put the seat all the way back, but rather have my knees up, and sometimes resting against door or center console.

With the Juke, I will likely never have a passenger in the back, so I can push the seat as far back as it will go!!

BTW, when will Canadian Nissan website have specs available for the Juke's different trims!?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I've heard tall drivers say they fit okay in the front, but you should certainly test it out for yourself. Remember there's no telescoping wheel on this car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just found this in a review in About.com:
I shared my test drive with a journalist from Atlanta, who happened to be 6'6" tall. He had no problem getting comfortable behind the wheel, nor did I at a mere 6'2.

Phew! It looks like I may just be able to fit ok in it. I was worried because a few weeks ago I sat in a Mazda 3 Sport with a sunroof and had NO headroom. Apparently - according to online forums - I would have better luck with a Mazda 3 Sport with no sunroof. Funny how the salesman - who should have known about the extra head room - let me walk out of the store without getting me to try sitting in one. Lost a potential sale!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i saw one at the dealer today... gonna check fit tomorrow hopefully.

yeah, sunroofs are often a killer... less you get a bug like i did... still have plenty of room :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm 6'1" and fit comfortably in the front seat, with a moonroof.

When I wear a hat, sometimes when I turn to my left I bump the part of the roof above the window...but that's partially because I wear my hat's with the visor part pointing up a bit to the sky versus straight out.

I'd assume your'e fine, but definitely test it out!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm 6'1" and fit comfortably in the front seat, with a moonroof.

When I wear a hat, sometimes when I turn to my left I bump the part of the roof above the window...but that's partially because I wear my hat's with the visor part pointing up a bit to the sky versus straight out.

I'd assume your'e fine, but definitely test it out!
Thanks! And wouldn't you know it, I found yet another review AFTER sending my question!! I thought I had seen every review online! Anyhow ...

I am 6'4" and fit very comfortably in this, plenty of leg room and headroom. With me sitting in the driver seat I would easily be able to carry 2 other people as fitting behind me would be a tight fit. Though if I pull the seat forward a bit I can add another person and not be horribly uncomfortable driving. Storage space is good in the rear of the car, seats fold down for added space if needed.

With that concern dealt with, I just got the Canadian Nissan specs...The SV model seems to have the U.S. base model S specs! ... I-CON display not included!?! And the price! Geez!​

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm 6'1" and a pretty big guy and fit quite well. I'm also long in the torso and probably sit more like someone who is 6'3" or so and still fit quite well.

You'll definitely want to slide the seat back most (but for me not quite all) of the way back and use the 'barber shop' heigh ratchet to get the seat as low as possible. Not only did I have a decent amount of headroom (an inch or so less when I tried to fit in models with the sunroof) but because the riding position is a taller than a lower, similarly sporty car, you forward facing eyeline level and front facing visibility is quite good.

But I would definitely recommend you get out and give one a test drive to make sure you fit well enough to meet your standards.. and I'm sure everyone reading this on the forum would love to read a follow-up from you to get your personal take on how well very tall folks fit..

Good luck!

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 6'5" and test sat today.

The Juke is now a no-go for me.

Biggest issue I found was the b-pillar really encroached on my left shoulder.

When I first got in, seat wasn't all the way down (it was close, but not all the way), and my knee was hitting the bottom of the radio pod...which was a new place for me to strike a center console :). When seat was all the way down, I had maybe two inches to the same pod with my knee.

I could tilt the seat back back and not have my head ride the headliner... but I'm not sure I liked that driving position.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't fit Carphunter. My brother is 6'8" and has not love at all for the car shopping process as just about everything he gets excited about doesn't fit him.

For whatever it's worth he fits quite nicely into a Murano. It's not as sporty looking as a Juke but it definitely has the potential for a little more luxury inside.

Good luck with your search.. sorry to hear the Juke wasn't a good fit. :-/

Chris

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carphunter is 6'5"'...
Your brother is 6'8"...

I'm just 6'3" (6'4" with hair) and was really upset at not fitting in a Mazda 3 Sport (it turns out because of its sunroof), but have found many other similar vehicles that can fit in comfortably. Can't imagine the regular(?) frustration of not being able to sit in a car you've looked forward to trying out and hopefully owning.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Don't forget to check the leg to pedal distance, as well as headroom. Car reviewers always make a big deal about the telescoping wheel (which the Juke does not have). As a short person (5'5", er . . . 5'4"ish) my concern is getting far enough away so I'm not killed by the airbag, but tall people might need the extra length on the steering column.

3 Posts
I'm 6.1 and my head was scrunched against sunroof rim :(

I was all revved up to get a juke and went to a dealer today. They had two Jukes, one with sunroof, and a lower level one without any bells or whistles. When I first got in, the seat was up higher and the sunroof rim was way low. Then we lowered the seat all the way, and the sunroof rim was still touching my head. I kept thinking, one big bump and serious pain or damage.

someone please tell me that was just a fluke juke somehow more crowded than most?? Maybe there's a small chance the seat wasn't down all the way, but the sales person lowered it completely, and then I lowered it a few more pumps....

Really disappointing. (I also didn't like the limited rear view, typical of new designs, but was prepared to live with that).

The low end model with no sunroof or fancy display or sport option felt like it was missing half the fun of the car, at least!

Looks like my crush on the juke has been crushed.

** I did go recheck. new post about 10 posts later. It still feels a bit crowded in there, but I do have asbout 1 or 1.5 inches of headroom with my seat tilted back a little, in a comfortable driving position. I think I just had the back of the seat unrealistically straight up when I checked it earlier. It's back on my list, even though it feels a little crowded (steering wheel positioned at the highest positioned still pushes against legs a little, but I shouldn't be hard to learn simple position solutions...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sounds like the seat must have still been pretty high. I haven't gone through the extremes on mine, but there does seem to be a lot of room. I have the SL, only about 5'10", but there's more than a few inches clearance above my head.

3 Posts
Sounds like it's worth me both, trying that car again making absolutely unequivocally SURE the seat is down all the way, and trying one more car just in case it was a juke fluke. Maybe I'll go do that now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
may depend on how you're proportioned/how long your torso is
My coworker is 6'4" and he fits in front and back fine, even with the sunroof. So, the only explanation is as VW said--your particular proportions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was all revved up to get a juke and went to a dealer today. They had two Jukes, one with sunroof, and a lower level one without any bells or whistles. When I first got in, the seat was up higher and the sunroof rim was way low. Then we lowered the seat all the way, and the sunroof rim was still touching my head. I kept thinking, one big bump and serious pain or damage.

someone please tell me that was just a fluke juke somehow more crowded than most?? Maybe there's a small chance the seat wasn't down all the way, but the sales person lowered it completely, and then I lowered it a few more pumps....

Really disappointing. (I also didn't like the limited rear view, typical of new designs, but was prepared to live with that).

The low end model with no sunroof or fancy display or sport option felt like it was missing half the fun of the car, at least!

Looks like my crush on the juke has been crushed.
6'3"
Sat in a Juke and my head was touching too. I too didn't check to see if the seat was all the way down. I'd better get a test drive in soon to see if I'll be breaking the sound barrier with high speeds or the moonroof glass with high bumps!

·
Registered
248 Posts
This thread had me really worried. I'm 6'3", very lanky like a basketball player. I just went and checked one out. Sat in an SL and immediately noticed several inches of clearance even with the sunroof cover closed. The salesman said "here, let me get that for you" and ratcheted the seat down even further. It didn't take long for me to find a comfortable seating position. I can't ever see myself hitting the roof, even if I tilted the the backrest forward so I was sitting completely (uncomfortably) vertical. I can't imagine what proportions one would have that would not allow for comfortable seating at this height.

My coworker is 6'4" and he fits in front and back fine
I call shenanigans on this. I thought squeezing into the back was frightening, then the salesman closed the door on me :eek::D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts