Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a suspension upgrade that has made their ride more comfortable? I’m not looking to like or lower, I like its current ride height, but I’d lift a higher grade suspension system and have it little last rough. The roads around here are harsh, so commuting can be painful at times. I am also not sure what constitutes any particular suspension system as illegal or unsafe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 2011 SV Manual. I never thought of that, will they be cross compatible with the ‘11?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
SV and SL springs (and S) springs should all be the same. Nismo and RS springs should be incrementally stiffer than SV. You probably need to continue your search with aftermarket components. Maybe just springs, but most likely coilovers with a softer ride spring set at your desired height.

Edit:
Another alternative is to go down on wheel/rim size to 16 or 15 with a tire that maintains the current rolling circumference. This will give you more tire to absorb the road.

·
Super Moderator
3,902 Posts
[QUOTE="Bargeld, post: 2637916, member: 34931"}

Edit:
Another alternative is to go down on wheel/rim size to 16 or 15 with a tire that maintains the current rolling circumference. This will give you more tire to absorb the road.
[/QUOTE]

Good idea to go to a smaller rim. Larger sidewall would make for a better ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
New tires. Lower speed rating. Softer sidewall. Better ride sorta.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
interesting, I never though of smaller rims. The place I would normally go to look at rims doesn’t have a good selection for smaller rims with that bolt pattern. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
interesting, I never though of smaller rims. The place I would normally go to look at rims doesn’t have a good selection for smaller rims with that bolt pattern. Any suggestions?
114.3 mm converts to 4.5". There are a lot of options out there, and 5X4.5" is one of the most common bolt patterns. Ford, Jeep, etc., in addition to many imports. You may need a hub ring, depending on the rim.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Example is Ford Taurus uses the same bolt pattern but the center hub is larger. My wife's Suzuki Kizashi has the same bolt pattern and we run the same size tires and wheels now.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you are fine with a marginal drop in fuel economy, you could also run a lower psi in your tires. You can go to 33 or 32psi, but anything lower than 30 psi your TPMS pressure light will come on. This would also be more effective and a little bit safer with a smaller rim and larger sidewall tire. I don't think you have much to gain swapping suspension components, most of what you'll find aftermarket-wise for the Juke is going to be more performance/stance oriented.

Another unlikely place to try is actually the sway bar. I've taken the sway bar links out, and I don't really feel much more body roll when driving, but uneven bumpy surfaces are a lot smoother. My Juke's track width is also about 8-10 inches wider than a stock Juke at the tires, so try it at your own discression.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats really good to know, because the only suspension parts that looked like they would even remotely make my ride smooth were pretty expensive for my pockets. I will have to give smaller rims a try. Does anyone know the center cap bore size? The closest info I could find was 73.1mm.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The center cap or the center bore?
The cap with the Nissan logo is like 2.25 inches but I don't know why you would need that. The Hub bore/ Center bore is 66.1mm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts