·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
But what if the turtle has no shell to hide into? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Turtle always has a home. Sometimes it might be a big box or sometimes not :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I dont know what kind of turtle you have but mine likes the smallest hole possible to bury itself in!
The dark tight holes or the more roomier ones?😛

·
Registered
66 Posts
Its bad here, we have 280 cases, 7 deaths, (which is a lot for my small state (Louisiana)) and everyone is going about their business as normal... at least in my area. For St. Patricks day the bars were pact. Its rather infuriating. Our Gov. refuses to lock down our state even though our numbers keep climbing, for some unknown reason. Sunday night we had 94 cases.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Just remember...social distancing! Do you talk with a southern accent over there?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
What is usps? Is it the same as UPS? Is it the American version? Or was that a typo?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
It's the american version of Canada post. Different then ups. Have you never ordered anything from the US!?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just remember...social distancing! Do you talk with a southern accent over there?
Yeah, I do my part for sure! Unfortunately though, I have to make money to stay alive, luckily I have an office where I can shut my door and be an introvert.

Me specifically, no, not really. I like to say I was born here but I’m not from here. I do have a habit of saying ‘y’all’ though. Everyone else? Yeah, pretty much. You can’t get away from it, its honestly kind’ve annoying at times lol.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Have you never ordered anything from the US!?
I have ordered stuff from the US, but not while I've been in the US. When it comes here it arrives by Canada Post or a courier company.

I do have a habit of saying ‘y’all’ though. Everyone else? Yeah, pretty much. You can’t get away from it, its honestly kind’ve annoying at times lol.
Do you say, "howdy"? Howdy, how y'all doin'? I love accents! Here's my version of a southern accent. "My, my, it's just so darn hot out tonight. I do reckon I could do with some lemonade right now. Sweetheart, could you be a dear and get me a drink as I feel so parched." Eye flutter How's that? :D

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have ordered stuff from the US, but not while I've been in the US. When it comes here it arrives by Canada Post or a courier company.
Ya that's what happens. When it gets to the border, it switches from USPS to Can post, as long as they aren't on strike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do you say, "howdy"? Howdy, how y'all doin'? I love accents! Here's my version of a southern accent. "My, my, it's just so darn hot out tonight. I do reckon I could do with some lemonade right now. Sweetheart, could you be a dear and get me a drink as I feel so parched." Eye flutter How's that? :D
lol! Well, you’re pretty close, but thats more southern belle than our country. If you can imagine a redneck and how he would talk then you’re pretty close. Like, “that ther is wuit we cawl an armadiller, yuh sqawsh eit with yer trueck an yuh be awn yer weey. Or yuh pool yer shawt guin out and popper raght in tha nauggin.” And if you can’t really understand that then imagine being there lol. But yes, sometimes I will, but it kinda just comes out without any control lol. Side effects of living in the south.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Wow! That's just like in the movies! I think I wouldn't be able to stop laughing. I once heard a woman yell out to her son, "Buford...do yuh want some Gaterade with that?" in her southern accent. Since then, that's my best line when I talk with my southern accent.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lol! That’s pretty great. I say keep at it, you’re doing well! There are lots of types of southern and you see nearly every type here lol. Unfortunately none of those clips quite cut it. Its one of those things that you just have to see for yourself to believe it. Nah, but my area is really rather normal as far as the country accent goes. Nothing too strong. Its when you start to go further outside city limits that you get the really strong accents, and oh boy are they strong.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts