Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Strange noise on right side

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Fishnmaine 
#1 ·
My wife decided to tell me a week later. This is what I hear making a left hand turn, don't sound like a bearing, Or a cv joint going, kinda of a rattling noise. Drove it into a parking lot making slow sharp left turns Hear pretty good with windows down.. Drove on ramps check to see if any shields are loose checked the brake dust shield everything is tight. Jack the right side turn the wheel, nothing!
Could there be debis between rotor and shield, who knows. When I drive straight its quite turn left a little quite but sharp left turns that's when you hear it...Maybe a joint or bearing sounds like this on this type of car who knows....But of all the bad bearings I had in my life time it doesn't sound like that..And if its a bad cv joint you would hear popping noises. Anyways any ideas let me know. Thanks

Oh it only has 49000 miles on it

#2 ·
CV joint was my guess, but could be the upper strut bearing.

#5 ·
The load of turning the car side to side will change the pressure on the bearing and thus change the noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.