Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see from the 2020 Juke manual that the Stop/Start can be turned off . Is the "off" setting remembered or is it just for that trip. If the latter can it actually be turned off permanently?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
North America doesn't have the 2020 Juke, so I have no direct experience with it, but every other vehicle I have ever seen with a start/stop override button works on the current trip only and reset once the vehicle is turned off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bargeld, Thanks for your Prompt reply. Our other car here in UK is a Jaguar F-Pace and when you set the Start/Stop to OFF it remains that way until you reset it with the same switch.

The first time I experienced Start/Stop was a hired Jeep Compass in Florida and I hated the feature. I found the OFF switch but was dismayed to find that it had to be pressed every ignition cycle. I saw a few technical suggestion involving disconnecting the secondary battery (under seat) but with it being a hire car I left well alone and just had to remember to switch off every journey.
We love the new Juke but with the enhanced features comes the disappointment that some may not be permanently disabled (hence my post about D-Mode reverting to Standard setting each time)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I think a lot of it has to do with emissions & safety requirements. Another example of this (luckily not on jukes) was the 2012 mazda 3 that required you to hit OK on the navigation in order to acknowledge the risks of using navigation and features while driving. It wouldn't move past that message unless you tapped it. The 2019 subaru forester does it also, but the message will expire after a small wait.

Like the sport mode button, you just accept it and turn it into part of your routine along with the seatbelt and any other "settling in" you might do.

My 2012 juke is: seatbelt, sport mode, display mode for the mpg bar graph, destination in the nav, music, then finally, gear shift.

2019 jeep is: seatbelt, stop/start off, nav, music, gear shift.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:) Looks like we're gonna have to dance that dance too! Don't much like music while in traffic, so in the F-Pace it's seat belt and gearshift. (Don't need Nav unless I'm not sure of directions) so nav screen left on initial welcome screen.

The Juke routine list is getting longer but I'm sure we'll get used to it :rolleyes: Thanks for the chat. Stay well and safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts