1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It's barely 2.25" od

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was lead to believe it was 2.25 inch OD. I just put a caliper to the pipe about 1 inch form the inlet of the muffler I pulled off my wife's '12 AWD SL, it measured 2.0 inch OD.

It's currently dark and cold outside so I'm not crawling under the car to measure the mid-pipe resonator section.

In comparison the Doug Thorley 2nd cat delete pipe I got a couple weeks ago for her Juke measures 2.25 inch OD. OBX lists the OD of their cat back exhaust at 2.25 inch OD.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! Awesome help!

Also it sure as hell looks like the second cat pipe in my AWD needs to be bent when I went under to presoak the nuts in the second cat assembly. However all the mid pipe replacements for the Juke are straight ? Does the exhaust just flex enough for the aftermarket midpipe to fit?

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
AWD 2nd CAT delete should be straightish. and no O2 bung. And yes it should/will flex enough.

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
2.25"

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a 2016 sl awd 1.6 is it 2.25 or 2.5?
I have the same (2016 SL awd) and when I got my custom 3" put in and actually looked at the factory piping... holy crap is it narrow (can't be more than 2.25) and it's bent like wet noodles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2016 sl awd 1.6 is it 2.25 or 2.5?
I have the same (2016 SL awd) and when I got my custom 3" put in and actually looked at the factory piping... holy crap is it narrow (can't be more than 2.25) and it's bent like wet noodles.
I’m putting a cut out in before the car so I just need to k ow what size the pipe is before the cat

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Oh jeez. Well as long as you are talking about the secondary CAT and not the main CAT.

FWD or CVT

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
I assume a cut out meaning a Y pipe that has a gate or a pipe to get rid of the 2nd CAT ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts