Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2016 juke sv a couple weeks ago and just had the audio disappear on me. I have had no issues prior with the sound system. Today I started driving and the Bluetooth was sputtering and scratching and skipping but I just thought the Bluetooth connection was having issues either from my phone or the car. However, I switched it over to FM radio which played for a few seconds and then all audio completely disappeared. On my drive I went around a corner and sound sputtered in for a split second then back to nothing. Still no audio after turning the car off and on. I don't think it's the speakers themselves since all 4 went out at once. I'm assuming the connection between the speakers and the Media console was somehow disrupted but I'm curious if anyone has had this issue and knows how to fix it. My juke is at a dealership right now having something else fixed so I mentioned it to them but I am very worried because I just bought this car and having no audio will be terrible

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Since all the speakers go out at once, if the radio is not turning off at the same time, then it's probably not a wiring or power issue. Chances are something in the amplifier portion of the head unit is/has gone bad.

Swift is correct, its worth trying to power cycle the system, but if the problem remains, then the head unit is probably bad and needs replacement. You will find a good aftermarket unit to be better and cheaper than trying to replace or repair the original unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have had the same issue,dab cutting out, and cd. Contact your dealer and they should do an update, which I have had done and it's been fixed, my Juke is a 2016. Nissan are aware there is a fault, they have issued this bulletin number to dealerships, Tbel19/02, if the dealership try to charge call Nissan customer service, explain the problem and tell them who your dealership is, and they should call them and tell them it's a free update. They did for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts