Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had issues with the steering wheel volume controls and the unit volume control itself...The unit control has never really worked very well, if you adjust louder(to the right) it goes up then back down, hard to get any volume with it. the steering wheel control will stop working at random and seems like the only way to fix it is turn the vehicle off and restart it...that does not work sometimes. most of the time the steering wheel controls work fine( say 75 to 80% )of the time. Is there a known fix for this.

·
Administrator
11,701 Posts
The Juke factory radio is somewhat controlled by the BCM. Disconnect the battery negative, press the brake pedal, and reset the system. See if that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
volume knob on the oem radio acting as you describe is indicative of a bad radio. no fix, just crappy oem electronics, replace with something better.

volume issue you're describing on steering wheel controls is indicative of bad ground at the steering column or the radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Juke factory radio is somewhat controlled by the BCM. Disconnect the battery negative, press the brake pedal, and reset the system. See if that helps.
volume knob on the oem radio acting as you describe is indicative of a bad radio. no fix, just crappy oem electronics, replace with something better.

volume issue you're describing on steering wheel controls is indicative of bad ground at the steering column or the radio.

How do you disconnect the battery negative to reset the system please

·
Administrator
11,701 Posts
How do you disconnect the battery negative to reset the system please
Seriously ? You have not heard of Youtube ?

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
To get the unit volume control to work, get a can of electrical cleaner spray, pull the volume knob off, spray cleaner into the area, put the knob back on and rotate back and forth, repeat a few times. Wait a bit for all to evaporate, start it up, and voila, it works again......until the next time. I have to do mine every few months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts