Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Right so I opened a compartment in the boot and have found this. I think the pipe connects to the rear washer jet. But there seems to be an open pipe next to it? There is another pipe as well that seems to have a yellow wire in it (and maybe a black one too but can't see it as compartment is too small to get in to see). Any idea what this stuff is? And is the noise coming from the open pipe? Is it supposed to be open?

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Pull your Wiper fuse. Test your Wiper fluid pump to make sure its disabled OR unplug the wiper pump motor harness. Yeah you wont have your wipers but if the noise goes away. Then the noise is the pump activating.
Do you have auto wiper detection when it rains? If not then the rain must be "Shorting" something out?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well the noise has been happening all day (and it's been raining all day). Every time I I stopped and checked and I found the same white foam on the back. Cleaned it, sound happens, stop car and check back to see white foam!!
I have had someone ride in the back with seats down looking at the pipes in the compartment. The sound isn't coming from that area. The sound seems to be coming from the centre of the boot lid right behind the reverse camera?

I'm going to call the dealer I brought it from tomorrow (it's still under the 3 month guarantee). I'll have them check it out

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
The wiper jet is at the top next to the third brake light, I don't know what you guys are talking about
It doesn't seem like the wiper jet goes off in the video so that can't be causing the foam. I'm sorry to tell you, but I'm pretty sure your Juke has rabies.

I'm stumped, I've pryed the interior panels back on my Juke several times and I don't remember seeing a tube like that and I don't recognize what that electrical module is, but again, I have an AWD MR16ddt engine Juke, so there could be a lot of things that are different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Appointment is booked for next week Wednesday so I should find out what the problem is soon ?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The wiper jet is at the top next to the third brake light, I don't know what you guys are talking about
I have had someone ride in the back with seats down looking at the pipes in the compartment. The sound isn't coming from that area. The sound seems to be coming from the centre of the boot lid right behind the reverse camera?
He hears the noise on the inside, close to where the squirter is located on the outside. Could be hearing it wrong. Or he could be hearing it very cleary, meaning it's the wiper motor/arm. He doesn't hear the noise from the pump area. The windshield washer system is the same on all jukes. There is foam after the 'event' occurs.

Logically with all that information, the rear squirter is being activated, squirting out washer fluid which is then foaming a slight bit. This only occurs in the rain, when the wiper system would be in-use.

Before you take it to the dealer, why not start the juke (wet or dry), stand out back and have a friend activate all your wiper/washer/squirty things and see what causes it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Done that already. Everything seems to be operating normally. That's why I'm so confused as to what the problem is?? Moreover, when I operate the rear wiper and jet wash I don't hear the sound. The sound happens when it wants to really. I haven't yet been able to associate it with anything except for the rain!

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Try a car wash. See if its water that is shorting something out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
I have recently brought a 2014 Nissan Juke Tekna 1.5 dCi. I have noticed a kind of sshhh (almost like a hiss...sounds like a person shushing someone type sound...). It comes from the rear of the car. Is it normal? What is it? Maybe something to do with the climate control? I don't have any mechanical faults or warning lights etc and it was just serviced 3 weeks ago! Just wondering what the sound is really and if anyone could shed some light on it for me.

Many thanks in advance ?
Check connector were muffler joins exhaust system. My Juke 2012 rusted at that point, caused sound then broke at that point. A new joint connector needed to be welded into that point.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Don't you hate reading a thread only to get to the end and the conclusion is missing?

It's like reading a book and only noticing at the end that someone ripped out the final chapter.

Hopefully Kahn is still around. Try a PM that may go to an email he still uses.

Edit: Kahn saved this from being one of those threads. Thanks, Kahn!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hi guys, just received the email 😅 I've since sold the car hence not coming back to this. I did get the problem solved though. There were 2 issues with the car in the end and it only took breaking down to find out what they were. There was an electric issue with the ignition system caused by the wrong fuse being fitted at the battery (can't remember what fuse that was now, I just remember the AA guy saying it was the largest fuse he had ever seen!). The guy at the garage said the previous owner probably had a 'heavy' sound system installed and took it all out except the fuse before selling it on. Whilst driving the ignition line got fried and all electrics failed and the juke broke down. Literally nothing worked (steering, door locks, windows, lights, hazards etc etc). I was lucky the road was pretty empty otherwise there definitely would have been a crash. The problem required me to replace all the ignition wiring which I was told was a very costly job but as it was within its 3 months since purchase it was still under guarantee and got sorted for free 😁. This electric fault was indirectly causing the problem with the 'whooshing' sound. The rear wiper and jet were not at the correct pressure. The lack of pressure was allowing air in which was being forced out of the rear washer jets. This made the whoosh sound and also explains the white foam on the rear of the car afterwards. It also explains why it only happened when it was raining (because that's when you use the wipers). The root cause for your issue might not be with the electrics or ignition like mine but if it's the same thing your experiencing, then it could be some sort of issue with the pressure in the wiper and washer jets.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi Khan did u manage to find out what this was I've the same issue with my car.
It's really annoying
Hi guys, just received the email 😅 I've since sold the car hence not coming back to this. I did get the problem solved though. There were 2 issues with the car in the end and it only took breaking down to find out what they were. There was an electric issue with the ignition system caused by the wrong fuse being fitted at the battery (can't remember what fuse that was now, I just remember the AA guy saying it was the largest fuse he had ever seen!). The guy at the garage said the previous owner probably had a 'heavy' sound system installed and took it all out except the fuse before selling it on. Whilst driving the ignition line got fried and all electrics failed and the juke broke down. Literally nothing worked (steering, door locks, windows, lights, hazards etc etc). I was lucky the road was pretty empty otherwise there definitely would have been a crash. The problem required me to replace all the ignition wiring which I was told was a very costly job but as it was within its 3 months since purchase it was still under guarantee and got sorted for free 😁. This electric fault was indirectly causing the problem with the 'whooshing' sound. The rear wiper and jet were not at the correct pressure. The lack of pressure was allowing air in which was being forced out of the rear washer jets. This made the whoosh sound and also explains the white foam on the rear of the car afterwards. It also explains why it only happened when it was raining (because that's when you use the wipers). The root cause for your issue might not be with the electrics or ignition like mine but if it's the same thing your experiencing, then it could be some sort of issue with the pressure in the wiper and washer jets.

Hope this helps!

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for taking the time to report back even after selling your Juke !!!

Reactions: Michael919 and Khan
21 - 38 of 38 Posts