Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

First post here :p Changing the spark plugs on my 2011 SV. I bought Nissan Genuine Part 22401-1KC1C NGK plugs. Just want to make sure people use a .035 gap...If not, what gap should I use?

Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I recently researched this and found that "stock" is anywhere from 0.028 to 0.043 for gap. The general consensus though is it's roughly 0.036. If you're stock tune and boost levels, that's fine. If you're tuned and running higher boost you'll want a slightly smaller gap closer to 0.030. The factory service manuals does say not to adjust the gap though...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Afaik that part number is Iridium spark plugs. You typically do not need to change the gap on these as they are pre-gapped, and in general, should not change the gap on iridium plugs due to the brittleness. Gapping isnt really required for modern stock cars.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Just changed my plugs yesterday. I'm tuned and running 15lbs of boost on a Gen2. Mechanic reports that my stock plugs were gapped at 32 and he gapped the new iridium plugs at 31. Car is running great.

Reactions: ItzMrJ

·
Registered
985 Posts
Tuned and plenty of mods and I am at .25 now. Ran .36 at stock. Never trust pre-gapped (yes I am old).

Reactions: German
1 - 6 of 6 Posts