Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can nothing be done to get rid of all the rubbish that keeps appearing all over this forum??

It started as a very pleasant area to enjoy the vehicle of our choice, not to be bombarded with products in which many people have absolutely no interest and I would not buy from the vendors of this stuff anyway, if I had any interest!

It´s an intrusion in my book!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I think Autoguide has set up forums for every vehicle. but since it's a commercial venture, as opposed to a forum set up by a hobbyist, the administrators are here only during the week. Or maybe because this is such a new vehicle and forum, they haven't got around to appointing moderators yet.

If the problem is not fixed in a reasonable manner, I may look around for an alternative.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I think Proteus volunteered in the Captcha thread (pokes stick at Proteus). I also suggest that new members not be allowed to post a new thread until they have made a certain number of posts on others' threads.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yup, i remember proteus raising his hand a while ago.:D

also, i don't know anything about moderating sites,
but if you're still short on volunteers i'll
gladly lend a hand on spam patrol.

cheers!

·
Administrator
712 Posts
We will be looking for some moderator staff the site is still new. I am hunting down spam right now if anyone wants to volunteer to be a mod on here send me a PM. Please include if you have experience on other forums as well.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I want to volunteer. No problemen at all. I check the site actually everyday.
But i think it best to have like 2 or 3 moderators.

Have some experimenten being the head moderators at a Nissan forum and have a little html experience

·
Registered
92 Posts
well i think those are the requirements of being a mod anyway. would be good to get more people taking care of the site. the admins do a good job but theres just one too many spammers lately.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks much cleaner now, also looks like there are some new mods on the site too! Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
why not just adjust the settings in the admin panel so all new members need to be activated by the admin before they can post. its pretty easy to tell by the username/sign up email/IP address if its a spambot or not. i do this on my forum and have zero spam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts