Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am looking to buy a Juke in the next couple of months and wanted to see if anyone had any pictures of where and how the Subwoofer is. Does it sound ok?

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sub's in the left rear cargo area wall. Sorry- was more interested in the rest of the sounds the car makes. Pleased with that part!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just happened to notice it when taking a test drive last weekend so no pics. Sorry!

·
Registered
122 Posts
i just got my juke this week. the sound quality is amazing and the subs definately give it some bump.
I'd agree with this.

The sound in my Juke feels much punchier than my 2008 Mazda 3's Bose system, with better directional clarity. Comparable sound quality.

No complaints from me!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Cranked up the tunes this morning from my iPod and it rocked. It was the first time since I picked up the vehicle last night.

Sounds great to me, and I also really like the speed adjusted volume control.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Crank it up loud enough with a lot a bass and you'll get more than the rear view mirror to shake. :D

I didn't really notice, but my Durango would do the same when I had the volume cranked so maybe I'm just used to it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds great to me, and I also really like the speed adjusted volume control.
Zacman -- congrats on your new car and thanks for sharing your comments.

That is the first I'd heard of a speed controlled volume in the Juke. Is it like some convertibles that turn up/down the volume based upon if the top is up or down -- but based upon your speeds. How aggressively does it increase the volume when you increase your speed..? Is it something you would notice if you didn't know it was happening..?

I am assuming you have the upgraded audio system..?

Chris

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
The speed adjusting volume is on both sound systems. I am not a huge fan of it, it never seems to get the adjustment right, so I have to fix it myself at speed, and then again when I slow back down.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ugh.. That's too bad. I'm assuming there is not way to turn it off?

Seems like a great idea in concept but if I wasn't 100% sure it worked perfectly I'd at least provide a way to optionally turn it off....

Anyone know if you can turn it off?

·
Registered
169 Posts
From the Owner's Manual (p. 4-6):

Speed Volume:
Controls the level to which the volume is adjusted as the vehicle’s driving speed changes. Choose a setting between 1 and 5 or choose 0 to disable the feature entirely.

·
Registered
38 Posts
^^
that's how it works in my current 2004 Mazda 6 Bose system. It actually works quite well, I think I have the setting adjusted to #3. in my Bose I find this speed adjusting yields better bass than with it off. Glad I hear this is available on the Juke system.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The only reason I notice the change is because I don't have to adjust the volume manually when changing speeds and stopping.

I haven't tried to tweak the settings yet to see if the results are better or worse that where its currently set.

I've only driven the car twice, home from the dealer and to work this morning. I hope to finish reading the owner's manual and get time to play with settings this weekend.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Seeing is believing.

I grabbed these 2 pics right after I got home and before dinner and darkness set in.

May you all find the Juke you want.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 67 Posts