Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have an I assume Chinese sourced Intercooler that has sat unused in a cabinet in my basement and never fitted, because I didn't want to tune my CVT.

I bought this from Macguyver and he can definitely tell you I haven't used it on my RS AWD lol.

$160 delivered. Pay by paypal, use protection (covers us both). You are more than welcome to collect in person from Aston, PA and pay cash. $145.

Obviously, it the new shiny big one on the right. Left is stock intercooler. This picture was at macguyvers house and hasn't changed since then lol).

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
Isn’t that a Forge intercooler? I think they made a drop in replacement for the stock intercooler. I might be interested...

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is definitely NOT a forge. Those are what, something like 800.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I've heard the China knockoffs work pretty good. The throttle response is pretty amazing with the Forge actually, cooling is just average but it's stealthy.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it the one I sold to Mac, it is a Chinese knock-off.
I believe it is, since I bought it from him unused, and didn't use it myself. I am told they work very well and much better than stock but that is just from what I was told and read about them.

Anyone is free to give their feedback. I'm literally signing paperwork in dealer right now for my WRX STI right now and trading in my Juke, so I have no need to keep it.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry . Realized I should say this fits in the stock position, so very convenient.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I believe it is, since I bought it from him unused, and didn't use it myself. I am told they work very well and much better than stock but that is just from what I was told and read about them.

Anyone is free to give their feedback. I'm literally signing paperwork in dealer right now for my WRX STI right now and trading in my Juke, so I have no need to keep it.
Start saving up for pistons.....lol. Seriously though, I would only very lightly mod an STi. The new ones are cool but Subaru only upgraded the pistons on the S209 Japanese only version.
Another little tid bit: Be extremely careful on any high rpm downshifts as the 6spd gate is extremely narrow. I've had a couple of near money shifts going from 5th to 2nd by accident.
Why did you pick that car, just curious?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Start saving up for pistons.....lol. Seriously though, I would only very lightly mod an STi. The new ones are cool but Subaru only upgraded the pistons on the S209 Japanese only version.
Another little tid bit: Be extremely careful on any high rpm downshifts as the 6spd gate is extremely narrow. I've had a couple of near money shifts going from 5th to 2nd by accident.
Why did you pick that car, just curious?
I will NOT be modding it, with possible exception of AOS, but I would need to check with Subaru dealership on that if allowed.

The car is very clean. One owner. Subaru CPO warranty with 3.5 years left. Engine sounds good, no weird noises. Good trade in value on Juke (8500). Some nice things on it, like the OEM splitter, skirts, rear bumper trim. It had nail scratches on rear doors (now detailed out), I reasoned it was a parents car, which made me thing maybe more likely to take care of it. Everything 'feels right' in it, nothing gave off a warning. Also found kids phone in the head unit so again likely not thrashed, and it doesn't feel like it. Was it more money than I wanted to spend? yes.

I have been kept awake at night (literally) trying to decide whether to buy a WRX/WRX STI or plump for an GTI due to them being potential maintenance hogs. My wife was not keen on a veloster N to drive and the GTI was kinda 'Meh' in the acceleration department, although 2021 Golf GTI S are KILLER deal right now, with all the upgraded parts they put on them (like R brakes).

p.s. Buy my intercooler. (I seriously don't need it anymore lol).

p.p.s. I'll still be hanging around. I really want to see how your CVT work pans out, and how the manual AWD goes, as I might buy a cheap juke and mod the crap outta it for a track toy or something since we are planning to move soon and get single family home with garage etc.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Lol.....I already have a Forge plus a 2J FMIC.

I'd say that trade was probably the right move. Once you go AWD it's hard to go back to FWD. The 6spd is extremely nice and it's essentially a racing transmission so you will never break it. Keep an eye on the engine oil levels, the STi motor's like to burn oil so you gotta check that thing religiously. The boxer motors are a completely different animal and it's a bit of a fragile engine but maintained and driven correctly it'll hold up fine.

Definitely stop back in and checkup. I'll be running by August so it should be interesting.

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Yep. My IC. Never installed. They perform well. Def an upgrade over oem. They Hit hard and fast. They just heat soak like all OEM position ICs.

Scougar wanted a stick. Its tough out there to find a stick with performance and priced reasonably..

Finger nail scratches. Good find. Good reasoning.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pending sale. I actually just took new photos, thing is so thick.

Reactions: Macgyver

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
It is a cool little IC.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SOLD.

Pending me posting to buyer.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: Posting on hold due to issue MY end. I have money from buyer and they are waiting for issue to be resolved.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
As messaged, Posted and sent tracking number today.

As FR is aware, I was late in posting, and then my daughter was on the school bus with a potential covid case, so I thought it safer to wait until we had all had the rapid test a few days later (all negative). Thank you for being understanding, and apologies for the original delay.

EDIT: STILL in transit when checking tracking. (A little irritating, but thankfully buyer isn't in a rush).

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DELIVERED on the 5th at 1:30pm apparently :) woo.

Enjoy !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts