Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many of the US ppl plan to preorder or get one as soon as they see them on the lots or if your waiting a bit to see how things shake out.

Personally I think I'm going to wait a bit a see how things are going with the car first(always been a little skeptical of first year models). I also hate the fact that the cars value drops when you drive it off the lot. The last vehicle I bought I bought used(Mazda 6 04) and have been very happy with the purchase because I was able to get a totally loaded model with 35K on it for 15K. It now has 135k on it as I drive about 25K a year for work. So I'm thinking I can grab a loaded Juke with 15K on it for about 20K about this time next year. Paying cash is always better than financing in my book. ;)

So what are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am not sure if I go with the juke. I own a 09 nissan maxima which I enjoy ownership so much and I do not see any reason to go back to something compact as juke. There might be a possibility I'd consider it in a few years....just maybe, but I have always get excited when there is a new model...specially by nissan and want to explore it, personally. I will go to the dealership when they arrive and test drive one just to see and feel and touch the car, who knows maybe I'll fall in love and realize I have to have it...We'll see but not planning to get one yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm waiting until March or so to see how things play out with the Juke. I'm still looking at a lot of vehicles but not planning on buying anything until late winter/early spring. My last two cars have been VW's but I'm not thrilled with the direction VW is going and frankly they are getting boring so the Juke may just be the ticket,...we'll see.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't know exactly, perhaps after October 1st.
Because of my blog, Nissan France has to deliver my car in Clermont-Ferrand (center of France) instead of my Nissan dealer.
I'll have soon its chassis number.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Most likely picking one up as soon as they get here. But will hold off on any deposits til I get to test drive one. I know its a good car but I need to see how good and if it will fit my needs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep, I agree..

I agree with the first post...best to wait a year or 2 actually and get one for much less but I am so impatient it's tough to wait, but I have paid for being impatient before! Can't wait to see new owner photo's and if anyone will modify their ride. Only 2 plus months till they come here.....looking forward to a test drive. You two from France please share pic asap once they arrive!Thanks!

·
Registered
447 Posts
My lease ends on October 10th, 2010 so that's when i'll be getting the Juke. If they get them earlier they will probably waive the ETF, but I wan't my last day in the Z!

·
Registered
73 Posts
My lease ends on October 10th, 2010 so that's when i'll be getting the Juke. If they get them earlier they will probably waive the ETF, but I wan't my last day in the Z!
You're jumping from a 350Z to a Juke? Not really trying to be nosy but can I ask why? Like both cars have very few things in common. Although the Juke is a pretty sporty crossover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was just wondering how many of the US ppl plan to preorder or get one as soon as they see them on the lots or if your waiting a bit to see how things shake out.

Personally I think I'm going to wait a bit a see how things are going with the car first(always been a little skeptical of first year models). I also hate the fact that the cars value drops when you drive it off the lot. The last vehicle I bought I bought used(Mazda 6 04) and have been very happy with the purchase because I was able to get a totally loaded model with 35K on it for 15K. It now has 135k on it as I drive about 25K a year for work. So I'm thinking I can grab a loaded Juke with 15K on it for about 20K about this time next year. Paying cash is always better than financing in my book. ;)

So what are your thoughts on this?
Wow.... very similar to me. I have a 2004 Mazda6i that I bought used and I am considering trading mine in for the Juke once the second year model comes out (hopefully all the initial release bugs will be gone by then) and I can get it used with low mileage. Guess that means I will be waiting about another 1.5-2 years for the Juke to fall in price....

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
My local dealer sent this to me today in response to my "reserve"/lead thingy:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]we have not received confirmation of exactly when they will be available. I would imagine that it should be very soon because Nissan did indicate that November or December would be the target date. [/FONT]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts