Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So from all the advice on these forums and from looking at the different builds that various members have in their signatures i think my car is coming along nicely. My FastReligion Second Cat Delete should be here Thursday, can't wait to put that on this weekend. I've also performed the following:
1. CVT Oil Change
2. Engine Oil Change
3. CHAMPION 9412 Iridium spark plugs
4. Injen SRI
5. FastReligion FMIC Upgrade (v2 Engine Juke)
6. CVT Cooler Installed
7. 2J Racing, Nissan Juke Lightweight Pulley
Coming Soon,
8. FR Second Cat Delete

And that's where I'm stuck. I know what your thinking, Cat back exhaust, down pipe, etc. Right now, I can't drop $700 (tax time, Gov is about to bend me over, two good coughs and all that jazz.) on Cat back. I'm looking for things $100 to $300 to increase performance that do not require major work on the engine (Major Defined: Pulling the Engine to install internals, down pipe, turbo). I just can't physically do it right now. I'm still recovering from a GSW that happened in July. Plus i have another surgery coming up so all my physical gains are down the toilet until i recover from that. Taking that dam CS pulley bolt off put me down for two days, but it was worth it lol.

My end goal is to send my Juke up to see Matt for some turbo love'n, for now i could use some ideas. Mainly performance, i've got the wish list full for Color Studio parts and eventually some lights by 13.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

·
Registered
773 Posts
All the stuff you've done is about all you can do for less than $300... the Gen2 DP is a HUGE undertaking for a DIYer and it's expensive especially if you go bigger turbo (which isn't recommended just yet as there are no real tuning options for it per-se). Get a tune, but that's about the cost of a cat back exhaust. My custom 3" exhaust was $600cdn which is pretty good for a price.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
You can definitely do a 50/50 DV and BOV. OP can find a few threads on the available kit and how to DIY.

2J makes hardpipes for the Gen 2. I will tell you mine were not pretty as in not well made but they were an early iteration so perhaps they've improved.

You can also add a ton of performance woth regard to responsiveness and take off by doing solid motor mounts. You will trade this for some vibration in the cabin. Doesn't bother me a bit but not for everyone. If you plan to thoroughly sound deaden your car at any point the donwsides become much less noticeable. You can also quickly trade them out for stock mounts if you're going on a trip or something and want a quieter cabin.

Reactions: lyonmaster

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slumberbunny, tracking on the DP. That is something i plan on waiting for until its time to add the turbo and when we have a tune available. I've pretty much watched all of Matt's videos on YouTube. I'm trying to get as much "Suggested parts that can be purchased separately but are NOT REQUIRED" completed with the exception of engine internals.

JuklearWinter, that's what i was thinking for the next purchase and you may have nudged me to pull the trigger on it. It'll have to wait until next month. If i do too many large purchase installs, Household 6 will take notice and then i have to justify the expenditures :LOL:. If i could just get this Vett sold, i could get everything done.

Yes, i do need some upper hard pipes as well. I've got the FMIC jerry rigged on the plastic pipe. I had to stuff a reducer inside to keep it from blowing off. It was fine for the first few weeks, then i had to make adjustments on the position and fabricated a new hanger for the FMIC to get it where i wanted it. After that it blew off on one trip to the store and kept blowing off until i inserted the metal reducer so the c-clamps have a hard surface to bite.

I think hard pipe uppers first, then 50/50 DV & BOV. Thank you all for the guidance!

**Note: The reducer shown is just for reference. It is not the actual size or part number i purchased. It was a quick fix, roadside repair.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn't wait till the weekend :LOL: Second Cat Delete installed.

·
Super Moderator
10,552 Posts
Just enjoy what you have for a while.

Reactions: lyonmaster

·
Registered
69 Posts
JUKLEARWINTER, I had the 2j Upper pipes installed last month and my mechanic had a hard time installing them as well.
tomorrow it goes back in for new Powerstop brake kits all around and Injen second cat delete pipe and catback exhaust

·
Registered
773 Posts
Weird. I did my 2J hard IC pipes in no time. Hardest bit is the fitting on the bottom of the IC but still, under an hour to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts