Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went up the Fast Religion and put some money into my 2014 Nismo RS 6 Speed. Before the trip I had 11,985 miles on her. She had 285 WHP at a DynoJET in Lansdale Pa tuned by Drunkmann. 275 WHP at a DynoComp near me. She did 268 at FRs DynoMite. Matt said his dyno is usually 6% off most DynoJets. So 1.06 times 268 is 284. 1.06 x 268 = 284 . Right On !!!

Here is the link. 310 WHP Juke

The FULL Build is as follows. Its Lengthy :

Blousche 16G turbo mated up to a carbon fiber intake and custom DV/PCV dump turbo inlet tube.

A custom DP with a high flow CAT along with a custom 2nd CAT pipe pairing up to my 3" injen Exhaust.

Uprev Tuned along with 3 Maps. 1 is the power I drove to FR with. Essentially Spring pressure tuned.. 2 is Tuned, 3 is a Fun map.

BC Racing Coil Overs

370Z Dual piston Calipers with new RS Rotors and Upgraded Pads.

Spoon subframe bushings along with FR Subframe inserts. Prolly the only one in the world with this combo.

FR Catch can system

FR Rear wing painted Juke Black

FR Battery Hold Down

FR Engine mount inserts and FR Upper torque mount inserts (For the Ride home) Manny Mount is too loud.

FR Control Arm bushings

OEM Clutch and internals here so we did not chase more HP. Just wanted over 300whp. And yes the car would have gotten more. Lots of boost and such left.

This is like a new Juke. The suspension mods are so worth it. Drives on a rail like I have torque Vectoring back. The power is just perfect at 4000 rpms. It comes on when you can control it. My old Juke was fast. This is just Faster. Plus I can drive it without having to fight the car with all the torque steer from too much too soon and there is no more Body roll or Front end lift anymore. All in all a lot of money but its my Baby.

But from 268WHP to 310WHP is a great tune considering what I came in at and that was well over stock.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern
Rectangle Wood Font Parallel Pattern
Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold
Engineering Automotive design Smile Automotive tire T-shirt

·
Premium Member
2014 awd Ti-s "JUK33"
162 Posts
So what your saying is, your best just got better. Awesome. Even bigger smile on your face now when u talk about or drive your juke. Enjoy it. Hope u get manny 🤣 miles out of it👍🙆‍♂️

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Nice run. I'll assume this is a Subaru 16g with an 8cm turbine?

Definitely great topend, love seeing that hard pull to the rev cutoff. The h.p. dropoff at 6200 rpm is now completely gone. Only downside I see is the loss of midrange torque, that is something I'd expect with an 8 cm housing on a 1.6L motor, that 8cm was really meant for a 2.5L. Looks like it takes an extra 800-900 rpm to hit 200 lb-ft torque, a tradeoff of midrange torque for a nearly equal amount of high rpm horsepower.

I do like the intake heatshield, getting better in terms of cool air feed. Comment on the downpipe and turbine housing, any thoughts on extra heatshielding for those?

Overall though I'd imagine it's a killer ride now.
Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
2,470 Posts
Nice Mac!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went up the Fast Religion and put some money into my 2014 Nismo RS 6 Speed. Before the trip I had 11,985 miles on her. She had 285 WHP at a DynoJET in Lansdale Pa tuned by Drunkmann. 275 WHP at a DynoComp near me. She did 268 at FRs Dyno. Matt said his dyno is usually 6% off most DynoJets. So 1.06 times 268 is 284. 1.06 x 268 = 284 . Right On !!!

Here is the link. 310 WHP Juke

The FULL Build is as follows. Its Lengthy :

Blousche 16G turbo mated up to a carbon fiber intake and custom DV/PCV dump turbo inlet tube.

A custom DP with a high flow CAT along with a custom 2nd CAT pipe pairing up to my 3" injen Exhaust.

Uprev Tuned along with 3 Maps. 1 is the power I drove to FR with. Essentially Spring pressure tuned.. 2 is Tuned, 3 is a Fun map.

BC Racing Coil Overs

370Z Dual piston Calipers with new RS Rotors and Upgraded Pads.

Spoon subframe bushings along with FR Subframe inserts. Prolly the only one in the world with this combo.

FR Catch can system

FR Rear wing painted Juke Black

FR Battery Hold Down

FR Engine mount inserts and FR Upper torque mount inserts (For the Ride home) Manny Mount is too loud.

FR Control Arm bushings

OEM Clutch and internals here so we did not chase more HP. Just wanted over 300whp. And yes the car would have gotten more. Lots of boost and such left.

This is like a new Juke. The suspension mods are so worth it. Drives on a rail like I have torque Vectoring back. The power is just perfect at 4000 rpms. It comes on when you can control it. My old Juke was fast. This is just Faster. Plus I can drive it without having to fight the car with all the torque steer from too much too soon and there is no more Body roll or Front end lift anymore. All in all a lot of money but its my Baby.

But from 268WHP to 310WHP is a great tune considering what I can in at and that was well over stock.

I will post Pics tomorrow.
I'm glad you are enjoying the turbo kit, it's going to be a fun summer!!!😁😁

Reactions: Macgyver

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hell yeah man.... enjoy

Reactions: Macgyver

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice run. I'll assume this is a Subaru 16g with an 8cm turbine?

Definitely great topend, love seeing that hard pull to the rev cutoff. The h.p. dropoff at 6200 rpm is now completely gone. Only downside I see is the loss of midrange torque, that is something I'd expect with an 8 cm housing on a 1.6L motor, that 8cm was really meant for a 2.5L. Looks like it takes an extra 800-900 rpm to hit 200 lb-ft torque, a tradeoff of midrange torque for a nearly equal amount of high rpm horsepower.

I do like the intake heatshield, getting better in terms of cool air feed. Comment on the downpipe and turbine housing, any thoughts on extra heatshielding for those?

Overall though I'd imagine it's a killer ride now.
Congrats.
This statement seems a little disingenuous "Looks like it takes an extra 800-900 rpm to hit 200 lb-ft torque, a tradeoff of midrange torque for a nearly equal amount of high rpm horsepower". You are making it sound like its an even trade off or even not as good as it was before with the Mamba which is just not true. The 16G car at around the same "horsepower" would absolutely destroy a mamba car in a race, no question about it. That's not even including the better daily drivability and less wear/strain on the transmission & clutch since the torque doesn't violently kick in down low.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Remember there is more there. This is an OEM clutch that is not going to be burned up.

Having a huge Torque bump at 3000rpm on a Juke with a useless 1st and 2nd gear just doesnt work. It is better to tune out the bump to rise with the WHP and save the clutch tires and drive train. She is so much faster. The 6 speed next gear shift RPM point when full revving then shifting is around 4000 rpm. Thats what matters. At 4000rpm. She is right where she needs to be.

Pics are up.

On a side note. Fuel mileage is way up. I got 30.5 MPG hwy with prolly 10 MILEs of bumper to bumper stop and go. 230 miles at 65MPH avg and 7.5 gallons. I would say that 32mpg is a more accurate number at 65mph. Way better than the 25/26 I was getting.

Reactions: JukeAholic

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Makes sense. Stock block and clutch limitations would be considerations for limiting the torque.
Sounds like a wild ride, nice. (y)

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
That's awesome, that's a huge power bump. Mind if I ask what the total damages were for the engine stuff specifically?

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I am not sure as I told him what I wanted build wise and he gave me a total price but I think he said a basic 16G turbo build is around $4200.

I got a big highway MPG increase. I have not driven enough to see what local is.

Here she is

Here is the next project after I finish more house stuff.

This is a web update FR is working on.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Font Terrestrial plant Electronic device Multimedia Gadget

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Super Moderator
2,470 Posts
Time to update your signature Mac. That’s awesome you saw a bump in fuel economy. I wonder what the mechanics of that are. Just better tuning? Different turbo mechanics that affect AFR at different RPMs? I’ve seen a small bump in fuel economy by using my “RS” 18psi map but not nearly what you are seeing on your build. So while a tune can improve fuel economy, my guess is the turbo has a lot to do with it.

·
Premium Member
2014 awd Ti-s "JUK33"
162 Posts
I am not sure as I told him what I wanted build wise and he gave me a total price but I think he said a basic 16G turbo build is around $4200.

I got a big highway MPG increase. I have not driven enough to see what local is.

Here she is

Here is the next project after I finish more house stuff.

This is a web update FR is working on.

View attachment 191922
View attachment 191925
View attachment 191926
Looks good mate. Are the door trims factory?. The strip across the door, or did u install. All the jukes over here are cleanskin on the doors. And the lower wing. Factory or aftermarket. Either way. The juke looks the business. Very nice🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Fuel savings would be $333 per year. On a $4100 install that is a 12 year break-even with 10,000 miles per year.
About 800 gallons saved @ $5/gal or ~$4100.
If I owned your RS I'd be getting 15 mpg:)

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get $400 so 10 years best case.

Sunoco Ultra 94 is $5.30 a gal. 10,000 miles. 325 gallons is 30.7 mpg. So $5.30 x 325 = $1720.

10,000 miles at 25mpg is 400 gal. So 400 x $5.30 = $2120

$2120
-$1720
----------
$400 saved a year thereabouts if you drive 10,000 miles and drive respectably.

It is still a interesting topic.

I know my Juke. She had no vacuum leaks. The old tune was good. It was not pig rich. It was a rock solid build. I put 10,000 miles on that build. The MPG was meh. 20 around town. 25mpg hwy. I get a 16G turbo and associated parts and all of a sudden I get 5 more +++ MPG. Makes ya think.

But @pboglio is right. The fun factor will quickly deplete the mpg factor.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good mate. Are the door trims factory?. The strip across the door, or did u install. All the jukes over here are cleanskin on the doors. And the lower wing. Factory or aftermarket. Either way. The juke looks the business. Very nice🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️
The door trims are prepainted Ebay things.

The Nismo things are Amazon Nismo stick ons.

The Door Handle cups are Nismo stick ons.

The tinted side marker lights were just installed.

Carbon Side Indicator Lamps Lights Cover For Nissan Juke F15 2010 2015 | eBay

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Mac - I like what you are doing this time around!

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts