Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 13’ Nismo AWD and had the dealer check the history on this vehicle. Previous owner really kept up with maintenance. It was right at the due time for a drain and fill so I decided to do this myself and move to every 30,000 instead of 60,000. I’ve noticed the smell of hot CVT fluid after driving (never had the issue before but only had the vehicle for a month) so I started monitoring with CVTz50 and it’s reading as “HOT” (200+•F). I used Valvoline NS2 equivalent. Any thing I should look for to resolve this before it becomes a bigger issue? 114,xxx miles.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't know about the smell but the CVT runs "HOT" all the time under normal conditions depending on how far you have to drive. My morning commute is 30 miles one way primarily highway driving. If it's a cool morning I can usually make it there right before it hits HOT. I use Celsius for temps with CVTz50 so that's 90c. At 110c it says VERY HOT and turns RED. LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
This may be overly-simple, but during refill did any CVT fluid get on the engine, exhaust, or any piping that can get hot? I had that happen once and it had me in a panic until I saw what had happened. A little degreaser took care of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about the smell but the CVT runs "HOT" all the time under normal conditions depending on how far you have to drive. My morning commute is 30 miles one way primarily highway driving. If it's a cool morning I can usually make it there right before it hits HOT. I use Celsius for temps with CVTz50 so that's 90c. At 110c it says VERY HOT and turns RED. LOL
I just got the ORANGE hot and I didn’t really drive that far (I have to admit the transmission felt more responsive and I did change to Sport for a fun pass). If I had seen red, I probably would have been scared to death. I think I’ll take it onto the highway for a sustained medium drive and monitor it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This may be overly-simple, but during refill did any CVT fluid get on the engine, exhaust, or any piping that can get hot? I had that happen once and it had me in a panic until I saw what had happened. A little degreaser took care of it.
I used a small end funnel but I guess anything could happen. What made me nervous was the HOT reading from the app I used to check the temp. Kinda wish I never even checked the temps cause now I’m a little spooked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts