Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since this is currently a hot topic with most car manufacturers. a lot of manufacturers are currently implementing if not already what is called "smart throttle". if you want to find out more on how it works or if your car has it or will have it. click the link to find out.

note: under nissan it lists "all except Altima hybrid"

Consumer Reports Cars Blog: Smart throttle: Great idea, but where do I find it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
"can mitigate the risks associated with unintended acceleration by allowing the driver to quickly, intuitively bring a car to a safe stop by depressing the brake pedal and therefore negating throttle input."

Sounds like a good safety system, surprised they pass this over on certain cars. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
its good their implementing this on most cars. i think that removing the drive by wire system is a better option though. go back to the old style throttle cable. now i've never heard of any unintended acceleration from that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It also helps if you are not talking on your phone while operating an Ipod and drinking a coffee while rocking out to top 40. Unintended Acceleration just sounds like the time I was rear ended by someone whos kid kept kicking them behind the seat and they accidently hit the gas and accelerated in the process of repremanding thier kid.

I do agree it will help with safety some of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts