Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the small radiator for in front of the main coolant radiator on my 2013 Juke1.6 petrol ? There is a small weep of fluid from one of the pipes.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Without further description it's either the A/C which is on the right if you're facing the car or the intercooler on the left.

Reactions: GTW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without further description it's either the A/C which is on the right if you're facing the car or the intercooler on the left.
Thanks slumberbunny. It's a RHD Automatic which I forgot to mention. It must be the intercooler then. Is it fed from the same supply as the coolant radiator or should I be concerned about the weep for now ? I sent for a Haynes manual today, it's my wife's car and when we bought it there was no Haynes book available.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The intercooler "cools" the hot intake air from the turbo (I assume it's turbo) before it gets to the throttle body... what type of "fluid" is it? If it's water it's probably just condensation, if it's oily then you probably have a small crack in the cooler which equals boost leak which equals replacement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks slumberbunny, much appreciated. Don't know if it's turbo or not but will check tomorrow. Difficult to tell if it's water or oily and it just seems to be coming from the upper pipe so maybe it's a case of trying to tighten the clip. As it's 10.14 pm and pitch black here in England I will check tomorrow. Your Juke sounds awesome !

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
She moves. :D Take a picture or two if you can tomorrow. Sleep tight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As you can see the left hand pipe appears to be the source of the weep, it goes above the top of the radiator, presumably to the outside end ? There is a build up of fluid on the frame under the radiator and we had noticed stains after parking occasionally but I wasn't sure it was the Juke until I looked underneath yesterday. i think it is an oily substance. Both pipes are pretty corroded. Does the oil actually flow through the radiator or is it from a reservoir in the actual turbo ?
The wife fell in love with her first Juke and so we got one. It has leather seats and most of the bells and whistles but is just a standard 1.6. I get to drive it occasionally and was surprised at the response on kick down. She went for an Automatic (It's her third Auto car) as she has a problem with her knee and also as we are both retired it's easier to get in and out of than her previous Mini Auto :). I also get to wash it occasionally though I have an Audi A3 myself. I really appreciate your help. I spent some time in the Royal Air force and did a 6 week detachment to Cold Lake AFB via Goose Bay and found all the Canadians I met, Military and Civilian, to be really great people - got on like a house on fire !

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Not much experience with non-turbo jukes around here (never got sold in North America) - looks like that's the A/C or perhaps a transmission cooler, UK jukes are a bit different than ours but I would want to get those lines replaced especially if it for the transmission. Yes, us Canadians are awesome :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not much experience with non-turbo jukes around here (never got sold in North America) - looks like that's the A/C or perhaps a transmission cooler, UK jukes are a bit different than ours but I would want to get those lines replaced especially if it for the transmission. Yes, us Canadians are awesome :D
You are only saying that because it's true :)
In my 32 year Service with the RAF and travelling all over the world there are only two places I would like to visit again - Canada and Northern Norway (y)
Don't know if it is turbo or not, probably not but yeah, the pipes are somewhat the worse for wear, my Haynes manual should arrive within the next day or so.
Thanks again and take care and keep drinking the Molson - I got particularly fond of that during my 6 weeks 🍻

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought all Jukes had a turbo. Mine quit working under warranty, and it could barely go up any hills at all and had no power. But I will say that my U.S. Juke does not have the part you are showing in the pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought all Jukes had a turbo. Mine quit working under warranty, and it could barely go up any hills at all and had no power. But I will say that my U.S. Juke does not have the part you are showing in the pic.
Hi Faelens-dad. It's a UK 1.6i Petrol and has no turbo. I am fairly certain it's a pipe for the cooling radiator for the auto transmission oil. It's now with my friendly neighbourhood garage being looked at. Thanks for your reply and take care :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts