Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yep I’ve done the same things as you. I had a spare 2.5”-3” silicon coupler and combined that with a piece of PVC end cap and a couple T clamps. Drilled a hole in the PVC end cap where I attach my compressor supply. Allows me to roughly verify my boost gauge is working too. I know I have a small leak out of a corner of my stock intercooler but I haven’t found any other leaks. What I meant when I said I was surprised I haven’t popped a clamp is because the turbo spools so fast it builds pressure way faster than my little 3 gallon air compressor can. That boost spike could be enough force to pop a hose off. Steadily filling from a compressor isn’t a real life scenario.
I get what you mean. That is why I like to do the test at a higher pressure then the system will ever see. No its not the same exact thing as a boost spike but its better then nothing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was reusing the oem hotside hose when it blew off. I had issues getting that hose to stay in place after a spirited drive or event. I don't think the oem hose was designed to support the weight my intercooler setup would've added. That's most likely the root of where my problem started.

If I've learned anything in my build (first one at that), it's do things right the first time, don't try and cut costs.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts