Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So right now this is just the "unboxing". I won't have time to get to the install till this weekend probably. These are for my wife's 2014 Nismo RS Juke, I drive a top-mount single turbo 370z. I haven't seen any other Jukes using these coilovers yet so I figured I'd post up to spread information. They were packaged very well. Initial impression of the quality/build is very good too. One thing that really surprised me was them including aftermarket end links, I've never seen that done before.

Wife's Juke: just Injen intake/exhaust and 25mm spacers for now

My Z

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Those are very nice looking coilovers! And you are correct about nobody else selling them with new endlinks that is def. A good sighn that they did some track testing for sure

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
That's a nice looking Juke... And I love the Z. Back 'in the day' I had a 280Z .

·
Super Moderator
10,866 Posts
Looks good.

What are the Spring rates ?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
How much does this drop ride height? From the design, it looks like the travel is reduced.

·
Super Moderator
10,866 Posts
They look a little beefier than BC coils.

LNE is right. They do look a little different with less travel. Might be a benefit tho.

I like the kits. Looks good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How much does this drop ride height? From the design, it looks like the travel is reduced.
Their website doesn't specify exactly how much of a drop they provide but I wasn't worried about it not being able to be dropped low enough, I just wanted a slight lowering. They do offer a "Super Low Kit" option, but no measurements. It may look like the travel is reduced because of how it was packaged? Everything was set really short to make fit in a smaller dimension box. I had to extend everything a lot to get it close to the factory height as a starting point.

I actually got a lot done today and got everything installed in about 3 hours. This was way easier than I thought it was going to be and didn't think I'd get it done so quick. I had my wife help me in a couple parts, but it was just me 98% of the time. Everything is on, but I'm done for today and will put the tires back on tomorrow and get everything leveled out before getting an alignment.

What I need to figure out is the best way to adjust the height in the back. I'm not used to both pieces (strut and spring perch) having adjustments. The KW suspension on my 370z only has the adjustment on the spring perch. For the front I guess I have to disconnect the swaybar endlink before I spin the strut body to adjust height, then adjust the endlink before reattaching.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So got everything somewhat level and lowered just enough today. Spoke to Silver's and found out that the rear spring adjuster is the actual height adjuster. They said to adjust the height initially with the spring so that it doesn't limit droop....

"So a quick rundown on what each does on a separate spring and shock setup. The adjuster for the spring is called the height adjuster. This one should be set first, and you can leave the shock longer so it doesn't limit any droop from the suspension until you set the ride height. Then once you are happy with the height, with the car jacked up, you can compress the suspension until the rear spring is touching top and bottom and is no longer loose. Then you use the jack and compress it another 3/8-1/2". And you will shorten up the shock via it's adjustment until it is tight and keeps the preload on the spring."

Right now I have everything set at the lowest/softest settings and lowered just enough to not be slammed but still a better appearance. This is my wife's daily so I didn't want to go too low and I'm accounting for some settling to occur. After a quick test drive I am loving this upgrade. Probably the best bang for the buck mod. Car feels much more planted and stable. It doesn't bob/weave as much as before, even on the softest settings. Going to give it a couple days to settle, readjust height then do the alignment.

Don't mind how dirty it is. Weather has been crap lately, but finally letting up. Juke's going to get a lot of love this weekend.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Their website doesn't specify exactly how much of a drop they provide but I wasn't worried about it not being able to be dropped low enough, I just wanted a slight lowering. They do offer a "Super Low Kit" option, but no measurements. It may look like the travel is reduced because of how it was packaged? Everything was set really short to make fit in a smaller dimension box. I had to extend everything a lot to get it close to the factory height as a starting point.
It has reduced travel because the shock body is shorter. Regardless of where the ride height it is set at, the piston in the shock is limited in how far it can travel in the shock body. Setting it too high would not allow for enough extension to maintain tire contact. I would think having the right bump stops would be critical in a setup like this. Might be good to buy a few different ones/cut them down/adjust with packers to dial it in.
https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/shock-bump-stops?N=4294893575&SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah unfortunately one weak part of the Silver's coilovers is lack of instructions/guidance in the box. I've had to do a lot of searching on how to do a Juke coilover to get more familiar, but not a lot of Juke specific info out there and none with Silvers. I think I might be the first lol. Their customer support has been awesome so far though. Their office is in Florida and they've gotten responded back to my emails within 24 hours with clear guidance.

·
Super Moderator
10,866 Posts
That is great to hear.

It looks like a nice kit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts