Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1061 - 1080 of 1092 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I rub my mud flaps on full lock and the fronts but not a ton or enough to make me truly down size. You perfect where you stand.

Reactions: Patio Orangutan

·
Registered
228 Posts
you could also always trim a bit of the liner or melt and flatten it out with a heat gun if rubbing becomes an issue.

I originally wanted to go that route before I found my vogues, seeing your setup makes me wish I did lmao
You could still go pretty big on 17s without going too crazy (compared to my current setup). On my factory rims with spacers that got me to about a +12 ET overall and I was running 245/65. I folded the pinch welds back and I was on 35mm strut spacers, but I can vouch that's the tallest size you can run, no rubbing at full lock without cutting any metal. I think it was 29.5" tire brand new, so if you ever decide to go to 235/60 or 235/65 it would be a cakewalk in comparison.

·
Registered
2017 Juke S
24 Posts
you could also always trim a bit of the liner or melt and flatten it out with a heat gun if rubbing becomes an issue.

You could still go pretty big on 17s without going too crazy (compared to my current setup). On my factory rims with spacers that got me to about a +12 ET overall and I was running 245/65. I folded the pinch welds back and I was on 35mm strut spacers, but I can vouch that's the tallest size you can run, no rubbing at full lock without cutting any metal. I think it was 29.5" tire brand new, so if you ever decide to go to 235/60 or 235/65 it would be a cakewalk in comparison. View attachment 188184
That's solid advice, I'll remember this. Thanks man!

·
Registered
181 Posts
You got me beat, mine were made in 1997 lol.
Those are are in great condition for the original finish.
One wheel has some bad paint damage, for almost 25 year old wheels they seem to be in good shape. Then need to source a rubber sticker for one wheel that is missing one. Finding a finger size part that has not been in production for almost 25 years will be fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Staggered 19x8/8.5 from a Hyundai Genesis R-spec. Fit great but can't find any center caps for the fronts. The CV pokes out the front of the wheel too far for the stock ones by about a 1cm. OG caps are 59mm and clip in with a metal ring.
IMG_20200509_133849361_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200509_133902061_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200515_133456795_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Those wheels look real nice!

·
Registered
2017 Juke S
24 Posts
Staggered 19x8/8.5 from a Hyundai Genesis R-spec. Fit great but can't find any center caps for the fronts. The CV pokes out the front of the wheel too far for the stock ones by about a 1cm. OG caps are 59mm and clip in with a metal ring. View attachment 188327 View attachment 188328 View attachment 188329
I had the same issue with mine. I remedied this by buying plexi glass at the right thickness, cut them into "donuts". I had to make a bigger hole in the center cap, a hole in the spacer the same size so that the spindle or whatever isn't on the back of the emblem (the chrome emblems had sticky backs to apply to the plastic insert). Yoy can go to a hardware store and get pieces of plex glass

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Staggered 19x8/8.5 from a Hyundai Genesis R-spec. Fit great but can't find any center caps for the fronts. The CV pokes out the front of the wheel too far for the stock ones by about a 1cm. OG caps are 59mm and clip in with a metal ring. View attachment 188327 View attachment 188328 View attachment 188329
Looks good post the offset and tire size to help others considering a similar setup. I had the same issue with the CV bolt where it stuck out pass the center cap I just left it without the cap but you can look for a raised center cap that can fit over the CV bolt if you really want a cap there.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Measure the distance and buy some wheel spacers usually 20mm or 25mm should be good.
Adding an extra 20-25mm of poke totally changes the look of the car and the way it drives so might want to think twice with this OP. I've never heard of anybody adding spacers for the purpose of making a center cap fit before. My only suggestion like I said earlier is look for a raised center cap to fit over the CV bolt.

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
Adding an extra 20-25mm of poke totally changes the look of the car and the way it drives so might want to think twice with this OP. I've never heard of anybody adding spacers for the purpose of making a center cap fit before. My only suggestion like I said earlier is look for a raised center cap to fit over the CV bolt.
I had to do it so my Koenigs would fit.

It doesnt change much of anything that most people will notice and the spacer breaking thing is a myth,

Reactions: TH3JUNIORMINT

·
Registered
181 Posts
The Voggards are back from restoration. Finished in Heavy Metallic Silver. Low key enough to look OEM, but pops in the sun. The only issues where some corrosion, chipping paint, & 7 bends(they got fixed). They looks great now, I'm picking them up next week. The Center caps I removed, & keeping them original. The lip plates where metal & pulled off easy. I'm just waiting on hub rings before they go on.

Attachments

1061 - 1080 of 1092 Posts