Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1041 - 1053 of 1053 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Updated Pics with the BC’s on. Had them on for a few months now, never got around to posting. Instagram @PhuckedJUKE

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Don't hit a bump too fast!

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Looks good.

How does it ride ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
@catwoman I try not to!
@Macgyver This is my first experience with Coilovers, so coming from stock suspension, then lowering springs and now this it’s not bad, could be worse. Obviously rough, streets in SW Houston are trash but as a daily driver I find my way around just fine. I’m a young and rather aggressive driver, so with the new suspension I do have to be more careful of humps and dips in the road. I avoid as many sketchy situations as possible; pot holes, steep slopes into plazas/shopping centers and roads/areas I know are bad. Seems like quite the inconvenience to daily, but I’ve grown used to it. I have another Inch to go in the front and I’m still looking for a way to go lower in the rear, as they’re maxed out already. All in all it’s alright, I’m just real used to it now. Love the looks I get though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Bargeld Thanks for the input, but I already did that when I installed them. I only know one person who's static(not air suspension) and is lower than what the stock BC springs allow for, however there was a slight language barrier between us given that he is Russian. These pics attached are from before he installed the JDM Karakuri House Flares and ran a ton of more negative camber.
His Instagram is @JukeNismoZ.
In quote this is what he responded with: "Hi, I have a Nissan Juke 4WD NF15 kit, BR: RA 24kg Extra Low, but now I put the springs 100kg to rear"
If anyone has any other ideas other than custom springs then please LMK.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Can't tell from his pics or message, but is his juke actually a fwd or awd? Maybe he put a fwd kit on an awd? I'm pretty sure that fwd specs are for a shorter rear travel, so it would drop the rear more on an awd than it would on an fwd.

For example, the eibach spring set specs for drop amount are:

Fwd 1.2 inch front & rear
Awd 1.4 inch front & 1.1 inch rear

Just .1 doesnt seem like much on a spring, but a coilover may offer more fwd vs awd.

Just thinking out loud :unsure:

But yes, his alternate springs may be the only "good" solution. Try some forum searches for "spring rate".

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I avoid as many sketchy situations as possible; pot holes, steep slopes into plazas/shopping centers and roads/areas I know are bad. Seems like quite the inconvenience to daily, but I’ve grown used to it.
Sometimes you may not have the convenience of being able to avoid those kinds of situations. Why would you want to make life even more difficult by putting further restrictions on where you can drive just for the sake of your car "looking better"? It's a good thing you don't have to look at your car from underneath all the time and see the damage that those unavoidable slopes and pot holes are doing to your car. But perhaps, as you have said, you are young, so you will only learn over time! 😁

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Bargeld nice thinking, thanks!
@catwoman I can see your perspective on it, but it’s really no problem. I don’t have any frame damage from being too low, I only scuffed my body kit, and that was twice. 98% of the time every thing is avoidable. I know my city and I know where to go and where not to go. When I decide to venture out into uncharted territory, either I’m extra cautious or not even taking my car. Perhaps an it’s inconvenience to you, but I don’t have a real life with real responsibilities I guess. I’m an 18 year old college student and I work a part time job to fund all of this, so you bet “looking better” is something I care about, sorry if it’s not practical. Thanks anyway!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
"24kg Extra Low, but now I put the springs 100kg to rear"
100kg/mm? That's like 5600 lbs per inch, per corner. Don't get me wrong, the tuck looks incredible, but that's like replacing your spring with a chunk of solid steel, people who do static are crazy

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
100kg/mm? That's like 5600 lbs per inch, per corner. Don't get me wrong, the tuck looks incredible, but that's like replacing your spring with a chunk of solid steel, people who do static are crazy
Its still a great looking, clean, Juke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here are my “aftermarket” wheels. 18x8 Mazda 3 mazdaspeed wheels. Redone to gold metallic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Looks fresh!

1041 - 1053 of 1053 Posts