Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,
I recently got a hand me down 2016 Juke from a family member. It has 110k miles on it, and the CVT fluid has never been changed. I have heard that if I start changing it now, it might cause more harm than good, i.e. the difference in viscosity between the very old, and very new fluids.

Any advice?

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Absolutely change it. Do it twice after driving it for a hundred miles or so. You only get half the fluid out the first time. It will be worth it.

Reactions: Nismo-San

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this same issue. I did this to another car (neon) and ended up having to replace the transmission. My Juke has about 120k miles on it and don’t know if it was done in the past or not. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Yes there is a filter in the beehive cooler. Change that as well. Most people dont want to be bothered but doing that is a huge maintenance item.

Dropping the pan and cleaning up the trans "Pick up" will also be greatly beneficial.

So:

Change the fluid. 2 times minimum.

Change the Beehive cooler filter.

Drop the trans pan and clean up the magnets and "Pickup".

All back yard mechanic possible. Maybe 4 hours tops for all 3 things.

Items needed:

12 quarts CVT oil
Beehive filter and gasket
Trans Pan Gasket
Trans Pickup Filter

Something like this.......

Reactions: HarlockTaliesin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes there is a filter in the beehive cooler. Change that as well. Most people dont want to be bothered but doing that is a huge maintenance item.

Dropping the pan and cleaning up the trans "Pick up" will also be greatly beneficial.

So:

Change the fluid. 2 times minimum.

Change the Beehive cooler filter.

Drop the trans pan and clean up the magnets and "Pickup".

All back yard mechanic possible. Maybe 4 hours tops for all 3 things.

Items needed:

12 quarts CVT oil
Beehive filter and gasket
Trans Pan Gasket
Trans Pickup Filter

Something like this.......

Awesome thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts