Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, long time interneter, 1st time poster, I didnt see a transmission specific area to post this so if an administrator needs to move this post, thanks.

I'm working on a manual 2015 juke nissmo RS, over the last year or so it developed a hard shifting issue in and out (up and down but not side to side) of all gears. Orginally when it happened when it was warm out 80-90+ and the engine was at normal operating temp and it maybe happened 10 times. Once it sat for off for 20-30 min it would shift normally again. The trans fluid was changed with OEM trans fluid in an attempt to cure the issue. Now its happening and it's only 50 degrees out.

My gut thinks it's one of the shift cables seizing but that seems really early for that already needing replacement. Anyone have thoughts or experience with this ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit: It was to the point where it would stay stuck in whatever gear until that 20 30 min would pass

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Yup shift linkage is getting jammed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, long time interneter, 1st time poster, I didnt see a transmission specific area to post this so if an administrator needs to move this post, thanks.

I'm working on a manual 2015 juke nissmo RS, over the last year or so it developed a hard shifting issue in and out (up and down but not side to side) of all gears. Orginally when it happened when it was warm out 80-90+ and the engine was at normal operating temp and it maybe happened 10 times. Once it sat for off for 20-30 min it would shift normally again. The trans fluid was changed with OEM trans fluid in an attempt to cure the issue. Now its happening and it's only 50 degrees out.

My gut thinks it's one of the shift cables seizing but that seems really early for that already needing replacement. Anyone have thoughts or experience with this ?

Thanks
Hi. I just bought my 2015 RS fwd manual. I recently experienced after starting up it was not going into any gears. My shifter is loose in all directions. Currently looking into fixing slop in the shift lever on top of transmission and the loose bushing at that lever.
how is your issue progressing?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Hi. I just bought my 2015 RS fwd manual. I recently experienced after starting up it was not going into any gears. My shifter is loose in all directions. Currently looking into fixing slop in the shift lever on top of transmission and the loose bushing at that lever.
how is your issue progressing?
What's the mileage on the car? That's the thing with MT depending on how you drive it or how the previous owner drove it MT can last the life of the car or die much sooner than a CVT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
205k km! Was a one owner who drove lots of hwy. front end pretty sand blasted. Most of the time shifts ok. When reversing sometimes hard to push into gear. I’ve been inspecting the shifter and linkages/cables. Lots of play everywhere. At the weighted shift lever on transmission ,cable end and base of the shift rod.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Well highway wont wear shift linkage bushings.

It is probably something in the transmission itself.

Mechanic time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts