Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it essential / recommended and to keep within warranty that I get my Juke serviced by a Nissan dealer exclusively or is it ok to use car servicers who are of good repute and reliability?
I understand that all car service agents now have the computer hardware to read different makes/models systems and most parts needed are readily available from motor factors.
I have doubts about engine oil etc used by some service agents can be of low quality. Would be great to have the Forum's advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My understanding is Keep receipts of ANYTHING and all work you've had done JUST in case it has to go back to the Stealership for warranty. Bring your own Oil if you are worried about the quality of the oil they use where you are taking it. But any reputable place that you would be taking it to should be using quality oil, if not, id be questioning if they are a reputable shop. My thoughts are NO, they would not be.
The service department as the Dealership can get picky if something does go wrong and you had it serviced else where, but for the most part, they don't usually buckle on warranty if you retain all of your receipts for any and all work you had done.

When I bought my Juke, I asked that specific question and that's what I got told

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Bought our Juke brand new in Oct. 2016, it went to the dealership ONCE for the first 'oil change' since then I've modded the crap out of it and get my oil done at a local (Mr.. Lube) shop with full synthetic and that's the end of that story.
On a side not, yay to Nissan for never sending me an email or anything about a follow up appointment with our 7 year BUMBER to BUMPER warranty … geez. Way to keep business booming... morons.

Reactions: BoStor
1 - 3 of 3 Posts