Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I bought a 2016 juke sv a couple weeks ago and so far had nothing but issues with it. We had Nissan do an inspection before purchasing and the only issue was a service engine light which turned out to be a temperature sensor. It got fixed today and they took it for a test drive, after I picked it up the light came back on withing 5km. Is there a chance it could be something to do with the sensor repair or did I waste all this money on a lemon? Very annoyed with this car so far 馃檮

Super Moderator
need to have the error code read to know what's going on. could be related, could be something new. Sorry my crystal ball is currently broken.

Take it back to the place that did the repair immediately and tell them the issue is not fixed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
need to have the error code read to know what's going on. could be related, could be something new. Sorry my crystal ball is currently broken.

Take it back to the place that did the repair immediately and tell them the issue is not fixed.
Yeah I figured. I just work full time and it's really hard for me to get it into the shop. I'm just really annoyed since I thought this car would be reliable but so far I'm at a new service engine light every week and I spend 14k (Canadian) on this thing just to get constant issues

Super Moderator
things happen. I know how you feel as I've experienced it myself. Maybe the the new part is faulty, maybe the tech forget to hook something up, maybe there's a new issue that only replacing the first part would reveal. I wouldn't knock the reliability just yet. if this issue keeps coming back or more parts need to be replaced repeatedly, then I would find a new mechanic or shop and only after that I would then start questioning the reliability.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
things happen. I know how you feel as I've experienced it myself. Maybe the the new part is faulty, maybe the tech forget to hook something up, maybe there's a new issue that only replacing the first part would reveal. I wouldn't knock the reliability just yet. if this issue keeps coming back or more parts need to be replaced repeatedly, then I would find a new mechanic or shop and only after that I would then start questioning the reliability.
How often do you have service engine lights on your juke? I'm wondering if I got bad luck with the first two or if this is going to be a pattern with the vehicle. We got it inspected before purchasing and Nissan said everything looked perfect

Registered
Been following your threads for a while but haven't responded to any of them.

The dealer will tell you what you want to hear to get it out the door.

Also their "inspection" is probably them just plugging in a scan tool, visually checking the brakes/oil and that's it. Maybe they drive it around the block for half a mile.

And yes it's a "getting up there in age" Nissan. They tend to start falling apart after a few years unfortunately.... the modern ones anyway

Registered
Not sure if this is the case, but something to take into consideration.

I get the service engine soon light at specific mileage intervals. Typically this is to remind the owner to take it in for big service schedules. When it comes on for me, I do my own work, I ignore it and it goes away after a while.

Now the check engine light is a different story. This will come on when there is a problem with the car. Some issues are minor and light will go away, some are more serious and light will stay on. Some are false positives, some are false negatives. It is there alert you of potential problems. When you can pull the trouble codes yourself, you can begin to deduce the potential issues and see if you want to pursue them further or if they are just blips. When you don't have time, skill set, or desire to do so, the stealership or mechanic will be happy to charge you to look into things.

Unfortunately used cars ALWAYS have their issues. Some more than others.

I would search out a good independent mechanic who is very well versed in Nissans. Smaller shops can sometimes have the best intentions for their customers. As this leads to customer retention, and long term customers that bring their cars for regular service knowing they won't pay for more than what they need, as they trust the mechanic.

Super Moderator
Check engine light and service engine soon light are the same on a Nissan Juke. There is not maintenance interval reminder light on the Juke. If the light is on, there鈥檚 a problem or something wrong in the eyes of the engine. Yes it may go away after running a drive cycle, but that鈥檚 an intermittent problem and could be causing more harm by letting it clear itself.

as stated before, the checks a dealer does on a used vehicle before sale are a scan for any pending or stored codes and a visual inspection of brakes and tires. The less money they have to put in to sell a car, the more profit for them. Most likely some places will pull the battery to reset everything and claim there鈥檚 no issues, but the drive cycle was also cleared and that鈥檚 when the engine determines something is wrong.

as for your question directed at me OP, I rarely get the check engine light. When I got it frequently it was because of a bad tune file. The two times I got it due to engine maintenance were when my #4 spark plug broke the tip off and I was getting misfires, and when I forgot to plug my boost sensor back in after cleaning the intercooler pipes out. Otherwise I鈥檓 at just over 85k miles with no major maintenance issues.

Reactions: redBack_juke

Registered
When we picked up my wife's "new" 2016 SV AWD it kept throwing a code but the morons at the place we bought it from couldn't figure out it was the 02 sensor AFTER the cat and not the A/F before... once they fixed that not a problem.
MY Juke is modified and the ONLY SES light I have ever thrown was when my 2J intake had an improper sized MAF area... new one fixed it. If you can't tell us the code, we can't help very much sadly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check engine light and service engine soon light are the same on a Nissan Juke. There is not maintenance interval reminder light on the Juke. If the light is on, there鈥檚 a problem or something wrong in the eyes of the engine. Yes it may go away after running a drive cycle, but that鈥檚 an intermittent problem and could be causing more harm by letting it clear itself.

as stated before, the checks a dealer does on a used vehicle before sale are a scan for any pending or stored codes and a visual inspection of brakes and tires. The less money they have to put in to sell a car, the more profit for them. Most likely some places will pull the battery to reset everything and claim there鈥檚 no issues, but the drive cycle was also cleared and that鈥檚 when the engine determines something is wrong.

as for your question directed at me OP, I rarely get the check engine light. When I got it frequently it was because of a bad tune file. The two times I got it due to engine maintenance were when my #4 spark plug broke the tip off and I was getting misfires, and when I forgot to plug my boost sensor back in after cleaning the intercooler pipes out. Otherwise I鈥檓 at just over 85k miles with no major maintenance issues.
I am hoping that I just had some bad luck getting two in a row, the car only has about 48k miles on it!

Registered
2011 Nissan Juke
I would suggest going to another (trusted) shop and have them plug in the scanner on it, that way you get an idea of what has to be done. Other alternative is to DIY by buying a scanner tool on amazon, it doesn't have to be expensive as you only need to read/erase codes. I use a cheap Ancel scanner just to clear a P0101 code that comes on randomly every week until I get it fixed permanently.

Once you have the diagnosis then you can get the issue fixed by spending less money on scummy dealers who just want to keep you coming back time after time.

Registered

Thank you for your response. I was wrong, and to your point I have a P1111 error code. Would not have checked if you didn't point that out. Thank you.

Service engine soon light IS something to look into.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts