Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I have got to say, I am so amazed that there is a Juke community & i don't know how i have missed it, but glad I am here now :)

so I am in the search for a New Juke. I had previously been a happy owner of a 2012 Nissan Juke SL. I fell in love with the juke the moment I saw the add back in '12 and I just new i had to get one. I saved up and became a proud owner of my "Jake the Juke" in 2016. unfortunately, on Valentines day, last month. my poor Juke was hit by a HUGE pick up truck that was parked right across from me. appartenly the driver asked his son to move the truck forward and ended up crashing right into my juke. Their insurance company said it was a total loss and now i am waiting for them to compensate me so I can get a new car. I had considered looking for another type of vehicle, but no matter what i look at, nothing compares to my Juke. So as of right now, I have 3 options, just trying to make up my mind.

Any recommendations on what to look for when looking for a new one? or what to do when I do get a new Juke? (maintenance) Thanks everyone! ?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Ouch that's a decent sized crunch.

If you do get a new Juke here's a few things to keep in mind:
  • any model year 2015 and newer will have the gen 2 body style refresh and look slightly different from your '12, but will also have newer interior entertainment/radio electronics
  • the S, SV, SL, and Nismo trim (excluding the Nismo RS trim) on a 2015 and newer will have the newer style/refreshed engine and if it's a CVT, will have the slightly newer transmission
  • if you get a CVT transmission Juke, get the CVT fluid changed immediately, especially if there's no record of it being done in the past 30k miles
  • if it's a '10-'13 Juke (roughly) make sure there is record of the timing chain replacement service being preformed
  • a higher mileage Juke may develop turbo problems and may be related to the oil feed line clogging. Ask if there are service records and when the oil changes were and what type of oil
  • use synthetic oil for the best chance at longevity

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums! Ouch that's a decent sized crunch.

If you do get a new Juke here's a few things to keep in mind:
  • any model year 2015 and newer will have the gen 2 body style refresh and look slightly different from your '12, but will also have newer interior entertainment/radio electronics
  • the S, SV, SL, and Nismo trim (excluding the Nismo RS trim) on a 2015 and newer will have the newer style/refreshed engine and if it's a CVT, will have the slightly newer transmission
  • if you get a CVT transmission Juke, get the CVT fluid changed immediately, especially if there's no record of it being done in the past 30k miles
  • if it's a '10-'13 Juke (roughly) make sure there is record of the timing chain replacement service being preformed
  • a higher mileage Juke may develop turbo problems and may be related to the oil feed line clogging. Ask if there are service records and when the oil changes were and what type of oil
  • use synthetic oil for the best chance at longevity
Thank you so much for that info and tips!
As I was looking at newer ones, i noticed they had a newer entertainment system, which sounds nice, like a little upgrade. but i noticed there were two different styles.

How can I know or find out if it has a CVT transmission or all 2015 and newer have it?
with the budget i have, i am currently looking between a 2014 (45K miles), 2015 (58K) & 2016 (51k) so I shouldn't have to worry about the timing chain on them?

when i had my juke, I always took it and had it serviced directly with Nissan and it was getting synthetic oil so i will definitely keep doing that.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
The CVT is just the type of transmission. There were two options for transmission in North America, CVT, or the 6-speed manual. If you're not getting a manual transmission Juke, then it will have a CVT. The service schedule I think is either every 45K or 60K miles for the CVT fluid change, but we recommend 30K.

The 2015 and 2016 would not be affected by the timing chain service. There's debate whether the 2014 is affected or not, but it depends on the manufacture date of the Juke. I don't remember the cutoff date, but my '13 (manufactured in November '12) was towards the end of the official service campaign date range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha, I'm sticking with Automatic, so a CVT is it! so i will check on that fluid change.
Thank you so much for the help and all the info! I cannot wait to get another Juke and be back on the road!! ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts