Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
...looks like

This 1 oz. of fluid was drained from SM catch cans after three weeks in the wife's local commuter Juke that runs exclusively in Eco-mode [:rolleyes:].

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just seafoamed my engine for the second time. The first time I did it, everything went fine and just got a lot of smoke. Now about 6 months later I did it again but it triggered the check engine light. Will it eventually turn off? Is there something I can do to clear it?

·
Registered
2014 Juke Nismo FWD
1,360 Posts
I just seafoamed my engine for the second time. The first time I did it, everything went fine and just got a lot of smoke. Now about 6 months later I did it again but it triggered the check engine light. Will it eventually turn off? Is there something I can do to clear it?
How long has it been on for? I thought I remember reading from others that posted that it can sometimes from the code but would eventually go away, I haven't done it yet though so I cant really say.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How long has it been on for? I thought I remember reading from others that posted that it can sometimes from the code but would eventually go away, I haven't done it yet though so I cant really say.
It just happened. I did it last night and didn't give it time to go away on its own. I ended up following the steps here and cleared the codes myself. The codes were for a misfired cylinder and injection problems. http://www.jukeforums.com/forum/nis...now-about-dreaded-check-engine-light-cel.html

If it comes back on, then I have a problem. I'm pretty sure it was just running the seafoam through that caused it to misfire the one time.

·
Super Moderator
11,140 Posts
Money is Money but take it to the dealer. $100. If they mess something up. Its on them. I had mine done and it really made a difference. I had peace of mind that I can go back and say. You effed this up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Money is Money but take it to the dealer. $100. If they mess something up. Its on them. I had mine done and it really made a difference. I had peace of mind that I can go back and say. You effed this up.
x2. The owner's manual says not to use injector cleaners in this system. If the dealer does it and it messes something up, they get to fix it on their dime.

·
Super Moderator
11,140 Posts
Its not for the Injectors. Its for the Intake system and Valves. Since the gas is injected directly into the cylinder. The intake valves and associated parts dont get washed/cleaned with air/fuel mix. Carbon builds up FAST. I would do it every 25,000 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it ok to spray Seafoam into the area where the intake connects to the motor?
(Not my car, just using as an example)

·
Super Moderator
1,974 Posts
You want to put the seafoam into the engine via a vacuum line very close to the intake runners (plenum/manifold), preferably after the throttle body.

there is a vacuum line right off the purge solenoid towards the front of the engine that goes straight into the intake plenum/manifold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You want to put the seafoam into the engine via a vacuum line very close to the intake runners (plenum/manifold), preferably after the throttle body.

there is a vacuum line right off the purge solenoid towards the front of the engine that goes straight into the intake plenum/manifold.
Thanks!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts