Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this in person? I'm told it has a blue or purple undertone to it.

Sounds pretty, and the black certainly looks badass on screen.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Also curious to that color, only thing is that here it will only be availeble on the $wd one.

Seen the metallic black. Look just black :D

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, you could see it in the video, thanks. I just wondered if anybody had seen it in person, and if it's really noticeable. Nice of them to have a premium paint like that.

and that's the only black I think

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think the purple undertone is actually a nice touch. Most people pay a lot to get a paint job like that. Its almost like a chameleon paint job but not as agressive. Now I want to see this in person too.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a cow-orker is buying a Cube. She said black, but the website lists the black color for the current model as Sapphire Black. Unfortunately, she said the Cube has been recalled for something, so her new car is waiting for a part--until September! but when she gets it I'll be able to see if for myself.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My friend got her Cube in the Sapphire Black today. The color is really pretty--it looks black from a distance, but up close, it has purple iridescent sparkles! It does show dirt/water spots easily, though.

She got it in a manual transmission too--good for her!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is a pic of my friend's Sapphire Black Cube. It's a crap picture, but you can clearly see the purple sparkles.

I mean, come on--purple sparkles! Would I be Violet if I didn't like purple sparkles?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's pretty subtle though, really; unless you look closely in direct sunlight. Plenty of guys have vehicles with metallic and fancy paint jobs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Purplish for sure

I have not seen the Juke in Sapphire Black, but I did just deliver the Rogue in that color and it's very nice, and very purple with black pigment. When you first look at it, you will instantly detect purple, but not offensively so. I think it'll be a great color, and women may like it better than men.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have not seen the Juke in Sapphire Black, but I did just deliver the Rogue in that color and it's very nice, and very purple with black pigment. When you first look at it, you will instantly detect purple, but not offensively so. I think it'll be a great color, and women may like it better than men.
Stupid question -- is the sapphire black the same color across all Nissans? So if I read reviews of the sapphire black for a rogue or murano or cube -- people are all commenting on the same color/paint job?

(I love black and wanted to get the car in black but I'm struggling with the thought of getting a dark, dark, dark purple car... So I'm researching and collecting as much thoughts as possible)

·
Registered
43 Posts
It is not a true black. Specs of blue and purple. Real black would be great but not this one. Only my opinion.
Thanks for sharing. Its tough because it is such an subjective thing but I guess the more people I get their thoughts on it the better.

I ended up seeing the car in sapphire black but it was very cloudy and overcast outside. It looked "black enough" at the time but I feel that I should really see it out in the bright sun to get a sense of what the car really looks like... Although i am starting tl feel like a dealership lurked hanging out at the car dealership so much stalking for my new Juke... :)

Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine sin S Blk

I was all hot for the red one, until I saw them live. The dealership called when they got the first 5 in, so I could pick the one I wanted. Red was ok, more cinnamon, white SL was nice, but the S Blk with red interior & spoiler got the nod. I didnt even notice the bluish undertone metallic until it was out in the sun. Anywhere else, its just blk.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
just to chime in, I have the sapphire black, from afar it does look pure black, but up close and in sunlight you can see the undertones of blue metallic "sparkles" ill see if i can post a pic up later to show you guys =]

·
Registered
48 Posts
I DID IT - I DID IT - Put the down payment on the Sapphire and pick it up this weekend - I can't wait!!! I think it is a great color - I didn't look at it too specifically because I already have a black z but I was really liking the silver - they then the bronze caught my attention - then the gun metals was nice...it was a difficult decision but I think every car looks great in black!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Yay! A Sapphire black buddy!

Being part of the club you must pay your dues, which means get the pics up as soon as possible! :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts