Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 2014 juke has developed a rubbing type sound when turning at slow speeds.

It doesn't sound like brakes as I would have thought this would be a ching ching type sound.

The sound is in rhythm with wheel speed and I can only describe it as a chuff chuff sound.

I'm going to stick it on a jack with axle stands tomorrow to have a root around and check for play.

It's hard to pin point it while driving and it doesn't do it all the time.

Is there anything else that I should check?

Many thanks

·
Administrator
11,911 Posts
Wheel bearing. See if it it makes the sound while changing your tires.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bent/damaged fender liner or other physical obstruction.
Looks like you was spot on, the rear drivers side has a different type of inner trim to the passenger side.

I has a flimsy metal bracket which holds the plastic clip.

I have tried to bend it back a little but it looks like the amount of weight in the car would affect how close to the tyre it would be.

I took it for a drive and can't hear anything now so hopefully this has fixed it.

Can't for the life of me understand why the two rear arch liners have different shapes. The other side has much more clearance.

I also discovered that they are just resting on top of the clips and not in between.

Both are now clipped in.

I can take some pictures of it if needed.

Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like I spoke to soon.

It's still happening but strange thing is that it only happens if the car has passengers.

When I'm driving alone, it never happens.

I'm thinking this points to suspension.

Seems to only happen when turning even a little bit. Going straight is ok.

I notice it after going over a speed bump or downhill followed by a turn such as round a roundabout.

I have to admit, I have sometimes pushed the weight to its limit in the past by carrying heavy loads in the boot.

Very odd issue.

·
Administrator
11,911 Posts
Still could be a wheel hub bearing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got to the bottom of this.

Found play in one of the front wheel ball joints now fixed, plus the garage said I had a piece of metal stuck between one of the backplate of the brake discs.

So far so good and no more strange noises.

So lucky it wasn't a wheel bearing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts