Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I bought a 2012 Nissan Juke with a version of 1.6 117 hp. I have a situation when I stop the car and the brake slows down to about 500 rpm after which it increases to normal. I changed the spark plugs and it's the same situation. have you encountered this situation? I suspect it's not something from the vacuum! I am waiting for your opinions. thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
Yes, many have reported this. It’s a normal function of the engine. It has to do with the amount of load on the engine including but not limited to the A/C and alternator being active. As long as you’re not stalling the engine when you come to a stop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and nothing can be done? as if I read somewhere that they recommended increasing the idle! what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
there’s an app that can do it but I don’t know if it works on the non-turbo European Juke. A dealership or mechanic with the Nissan CONSULT-III computer should be able to do it. It’s not required, but others have had success with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's i will ask the dealer If they can do this. Maibe se find someone who do this and will advise me at what rpm i need to set up the Idle!

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
Most who have done the idle bump have set it at 750 RPM.

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Even with the bump. Your idle will still drop. Just not enough to make it annoying. The engine is controlled by the computer and there is no way stop this from happening.

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
I've gotten used to it and I've never had an issue. I notice it from time to time, but it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Think of it as a positive thing, like your juke is trying to save a little bit of gas every chance it gets.

That's a load of crap (with a tiny bit of truth behind it), but might make you feel better if you focus on that every time you notice it. 🤣

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
There is a big difference between 650 rpm idle and it drops to 500rpm and the engine shudders where as you can have the idle adjusted up to 750rpm and the idle will drop 600rpm and the car does not shudder.

So live with it or get the idle adjusted up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello i hope You can figure... the situation also occurs when the car is free without applying the brake or clutch

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
yes that is normal. the alternator and the A/C are cycling on and off periodically. Even if you have the climate controls off, the A/C compressor will still engage periodically (I think it's once every 12 seconds, but I might be confusing the time period with something else). Also the alternator does not charge all the time, it's a "smart" alternator as controlled by the ECU. Whenever these loads are applied to an idling engine, it will cause the idle rpm to drop and the engine will self correct.

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
The thing is, this is normal. There’s nothing wrong. If you don’t like this idle drop, you have to bump up your idle rpm. But even after bumping up the idle rpm, the car will still do this, it just won’t be as noticeable because the idle drop will be at a higher rpm.

my suggestion is to live with it because it is normal. But if you can’t live with it then your only option is to bump up the idle rpm. You cannot turn off the feature of the alternator and A/C cycling on and off.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Mine idles around 1100 when cold and after driving it sits happily around 800. No going up and down. Maybe slightly up to 900 when I hear the compressor activate. Maybe my tuner adjusted the RPM higher for idling

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
Maybe my tuner adjusted the RPM higher for idling
yes, this is something the base UpRev tune and especially 2J does to their tunes. I can confirm as I have had both before I got tuned by Drunkmann. My tune from Drunkmann does not have the idle increase and I hover around the stock 650-700 rpm at idle.

OP, you don't have to get a tune to enable this, this is just an example that it can be done if it bothers you.

Reactions: 14RSINLI

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Have you done an Idle Relearn ?

Cleaned the MAF?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts