Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After washing my 2015 Juke Nismo recently, one side of the roof's weather stripping came up. These are the rubber strips that go over the roof's weld points from front to back windshields. I'm having difficulty finding the part# for it to replace them. I went through NissanPartsDeal, the service manual, and a few other places but no luck so far. Would anyone happen to know the part# for it (or something that would work equally well)?

Also, per the service manual a layer of heavy duty anti-corrosion wax needs to be put down on the weld seam before the stripping can go back on. The service manual didn't provide any specifics as far as particular type or brand, and there seem to be tons of different kinds, so if anyone has any recommendations or knows of some that work well and last a long while, let me know.

I didn't see a mention of any adhesive or caulking used to help secure the stripping, so I also wanted to inquire about this if anyone has info on it.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,470 Posts

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Well. Sorta a joke here but you could buy a toilet bowl wax ring and use the wax from that.

• Haha
Reactions: squirtbrnr

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both very much! I've ordered a set of the clips to replace the existing ones, and will give the wax ring a try. From what I've read online about what the wax in the rings are made of and how to soften it to work with them, they should actually do the sealant/anti-corrosion/adhesive job well. Would've never thought of it. :)

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Thank you both very much! I've ordered a set of the clips to replace the existing ones, and will give the wax ring a try. From what I've read online about what the wax in the rings are made of and how to soften it to work with them, they should actually do the sealant/anti-corrosion/adhesive job well. Would've never thought of it. :)
And it is super cheap.

Reactions: HarlockTaliesin
1 - 5 of 5 Posts