Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as you're not allowed to tow with the juke, i don't think you'll be able to mount a tow hitch, for a bike rack. Any ideas if there's an option for a roof rack? i didn't see anything in the manual? where will we put our bikes and canoe?:confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
There may be an aftermarket hitch. Probably in fact. The PT is not supposed to tow either but hitches are available for bike carriers and such. I looked at a European brochure a while ago and one of the last options was for a "steel load carrier" I'm thinking this is British for a metal roof rack but now I can't find the reference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For my last car, I purchased an aftermarket Yakima roof rack. I put an email in about the Juke, they said they haven't done product testing yet so they can't advise. Hopefully I'll get information soon. IMO, roof racks are better because that way none of the bike is touching the car's finish.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try to see if some racks out there are compatible with the juke. Brands like cross tread and the like would be able to compensate it, but with a little mod perhaps. As long as the juke wouldn't look that bad when installed, then things shall be well i guess.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use my Juke as a towed vehicle behind my motorhome. It's also used to move my toys around (surfboards, kayaks, skies and bikes). Having done that with other vehicles in the past, I do know a little about it. Thule I know has a roof system for the Juke, Yakima too I think. One of the problems with roof racks is MPG. With a small car you will loose about 2 MPG with empty racks, more depending on your load. Doesn't seem to effect large trucks like that (aerodynamic properties of a brick). It's also a pain loading bikes on and off the roof. If you can do it without scratching paint you are a better person than me. Surfboards are easy on the roof. So are kayaks with the right equipment. I am going to use removable Thule roofracks for the sb's and 'yaks, and use a hitch mounted Thule rack for the bikes. A company called Curt makes a receiver hitch for the Juke. I like the hitch rack for bikes because; it doesn't effect MPH, I won't get a hernia wrestling bikes on the roof, no muddy bikes on my roof and I don't have to scape the bugs off my bike. If I go to Juke jail for this I hope you guys will send me cigarettes (don't smoke but hear they are a useful tool).

·
Registered
525 Posts
As of last week,
The Yakima website officially added the Juke to their vehicle fit guide. Basically you need 1) Q Towers, 2) Q6 Clips, and 3) A 48" bar to complete the base system. i bought mine at REI last night and it works great!
JJ

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
As of last week,
The Yakima website officially added the Juke to their vehicle fit guide. Basically you need 1) Q Towers, 2) Q6 Clips, and 3) A 48" bar to complete the base system. i bought mine at REI last night and it works great!
JJ
Do you mind me asking what you paid?
Edit: nevermind. Spotted your post in the other roof rack thread.

I like the new Impreza factory racks and their price. I'm going to do some measuring to see if they'll fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.