Model/Trim: SV
Country (or Location): Central Louisiana, USA
Transmission: 6MT
FWD/AWD: FWD
Color: Electricity Blue
Interior Trim/Color: black, grey/silver
Options: rear spoiler, sunroof, splash guards
Mods: yellow projector fog-lights, JVC front door speakers

haven’t had time or money to modify him anymore than I have, but I’ve got goals. I’m relatively cheap when it comes to modifying. I’ve had to put more money into replacing parts than I would like to; mostly front suspension system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Year: 2011
Model/Trim: SL (I think)
Country (Or Location): Toronto - Canada
Transmission: 6Spd Manual - Stickshift
Color: Black - Black w/ Black Tinted Windows.

Previous owner put a cold air intake and enhanced muffler on (suppose to improve performance).

Currently having just the smallest of challenges with the Juke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What ar

Previous owner put a cold air intake and enhanced muffler on (suppose to improve performance).

what are your challenges?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Model/Trim: S
Country (or Location): SW Florida USA
Transmission: CVT
Color: Burgandy
Interior Trim/Color: Black
Options:
Mods: Stillen axle back exhaust, 2” muffler delete, 2nd cat delete, 2J I/C hard pipes, Injen CAI, ECUTEK tuned, GFB 100% Atmospheric BOV or 100% Diverter/ Recirculating ( depends on which the wife wants to hear) Carplay head 300w , new speakers all around w/ crossovers, KatSkinz full leather interior, rear under bumper guard, EBC brakes, Glow Shift oil pressure and boost gauges 7 color+, Glow Shift/ Fast Religion oil filter sandwich plate, FR Mishimoto FMIC

·
Registered
29 Posts

?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What ar

what are your challenges?
Uh...its dead in the water.... it will NOT start at all. So far its at a Nissan Dealer for Recall work on the fuel pressure sensor, but; the recall work did not include any computer code reset (which is i think is weird); their looking to the timing chain / tension-er, possibly a crank shaft sensor, or a brake pedal sensor / or wire there to. It could also be a bad ground. The problem is -> there is NO code for it.

SO....long story short....

Several times (semi-regularly) RPM needle bounces around, when braking. hangs at 1000rpm, then down to 750, then 400, then 700, then maybe 600 (in there). ON a few occasions noticeably sluggish take off from a stopped position. On 2 occasions coming to a complete stop, engine staled, but restarted (thought maybe clutch wasn't pressed in all way or something).

This latest event: Car DIED at 40kph (25mph): Situation, driving down road at 70kph (45mph), braking for traffic down to 40kph (25mph), then shifting from brake to gas, re-accelerating to go into a left turn lane, 1 - 2 Died! in the lane. NO limping, no warning, no nothing. NO dash lights (except those when trying to start car). Its like a kill switch happened all of a sudden, or a plug was pulled out. No re-start. Headlights and power windows work. So I had battery power, but did I have enough battery power turn the engine over? Well i just started the car literally 3minutes earlier after putting air in the tires (orange low tire pressure light was on). So....Computer was registering codes and correctly, if it got that.

So Nissan is currently stumped as to what the cause is. I've already advised them they have to be 100% sure of the issue. I would have a hard time believing the timing belt is the problem, because any changes in the timing belt would have generated an engine code. I mean with all the sensors their, it would have found SOMETHING. So I'm not so into springing $1500 without knowing its that 100% (thats what Nissan's worst case scenario). They haven't made ANY mention of the camshaft ceasing. The engine has sufficient oil. So.......I dunno.

The only thing I did hear was a possible metal on metal scraping, but......it went away when the clutch went in, so, its probably the clutch plate, that's wearing and will need to be swapped eventually. That shouldn't cause the car NOT to start though...unless my marbles are completely wrong.

Best

-scatterbrainz

·
Registered
29 Posts
Uh...its dead in the water.... it will NOT start at all. So far its at a Nissan Dealer for Recall work on the fuel pressure sensor, but; the recall work did not include any computer code reset (which is i think is weird); their looking to the timing chain / tension-er, possibly a crank shaft sensor, or a brake pedal sensor / or wire there to. It could also be a bad ground. The problem is -> there is NO code for it.

SO....long story short....

Several times (semi-regularly) RPM needle bounces around, when braking. hangs at 1000rpm, then down to 750, then 400, then 700, then maybe 600 (in there). ON a few occasions noticeably sluggish take off from a stopped position. On 2 occasions coming to a complete stop, engine staled, but restarted (thought maybe clutch wasn't pressed in all way or something).

This latest event: Car DIED at 40kph (25mph): Situation, driving down road at 70kph (45mph), braking for traffic down to 40kph (25mph), then shifting from brake to gas, re-accelerating to go into a left turn lane, 1 - 2 Died! in the lane. NO limping, no warning, no nothing. NO dash lights (except those when trying to start car). Its like a kill switch happened all of a sudden, or a plug was pulled out. No re-start. Headlights and power windows work. So I had battery power, but did I have enough battery power turn the engine over? Well i just started the car literally 3minutes earlier after putting air in the tires (orange low tire pressure light was on). So....Computer was registering codes and correctly, if it got that.

So Nissan is currently stumped as to what the cause is. I've already advised them they have to be 100% sure of the issue. I would have a hard time believing the timing belt is the problem, because any changes in the timing belt would have generated an engine code. I mean with all the sensors their, it would have found SOMETHING. So I'm not so into springing $1500 without knowing its that 100% (thats what Nissan's worst case scenario). They haven't made ANY mention of the camshaft ceasing. The engine has sufficient oil. So.......I dunno.

The only thing I did hear was a possible metal on metal scraping, but......it went away when the clutch went in, so, its probably the clutch plate, that's wearing and will need to be swapped eventually. That shouldn't cause the car NOT to start though...unless my marbles are completely wrong.

Best

-scatterbrainz
Dammit man. Thats quite a conundrum you have going. Sorry that I cannot help you out but no issues I have dealt with lead down that road. Good luck and do let us know when you fix it

721 - 727 of 727 Posts