Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Bit of an odd request but I'm looking for advice on removing all the juke seats to perform a full clean of the interior carpets.

I'm wondering what the risks are before I attempt it? I think the front seats have airbags which I need to be careful of.

This is for a 2014 Auto European juke.

Has anyone attempted such a thing?

Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
I have removed my front seats for carpet cleaning. The two things to remember is disconnect the battery (both positive and negative terminals and wait for the residual charge in the system to dissipate) when dealing with air bags and sensors and seat occupancy sensors, and to make sure you torque the bolts on the seat rails to the floor properly when re-installing the seats. I was able to maneuver the seats out of the front doors, but it may be easier to remove them out the back doors in the fully reclined position.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have removed my front seats for carpet cleaning. The two things to remember is disconnect the battery (both positive and negative terminals and wait for the residual charge in the system to dissipate) when dealing with air bags and sensors and seat occupancy sensors, and to make sure you torque the bolts on the seat rails to the floor properly when re-installing the seats. I was able to maneuver the seats out of the front doors, but it may be easier to remove them out the back doors in the fully reclined position.
Great stuff, thanks for that.

It's my daily drive so good shout on the torque settings, I would have missed that and just tightened the bolts by hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts