Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I mention I'm considering buying a brand new model car, people try to talk me out of it. Oh, new models always have problems--don't buy one!

I thought of this when I first heard of the Juke. On the one hand, Nissan has a pretty good track record with both new models, and crossovers. On the other hand, there's a whole lot of new technology in the Juke--new engine, lots of computer stuff, etc.

--it's a bit of a gamble, probably, but how much? Is it really risky? What if the car turns out to be a dud?

--do you think it reasonable to ask your dealer if they have service people who are getting trained on this new stuff?

·
Registered
122 Posts
do you think it reasonable to ask your dealer if they have service people who are getting trained on this new stuff?

Yes and I assure you the tecnicians will get trained before hand. It has always been so. I used to work for nissan and I know this for fact.....And yes there is always risk with new modles, I remember when I purchased my 350Z in 2003 a year later I learned that they have tire wear problems due to some front end issue. That problem was going on with 2003 to 2005 models I belive and you had to replace tires every so often, So everything in life is a gamble, but I trust nissan more than any other vehicles becuase I have own them for 22 years and I have also worked for them so I feel very confident in their products.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I took a risk with a first year honda element and had hardly any problems, I am hoping for similar experience with a Nissan Juke!

·
Registered
296 Posts
It´s a bit like downloading a beta version of a computer program.

Allegedly, the suppliers wait for the users to report the "bugs", sort them out, ´til it then becomes an alpha version!!

Having said that, I still want to take the chance with the Juke,whatever the outcome??

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I am exactly the same. From mobile phone too software programs. I am always the on who will wait till al the "starting problem's" are fixed.
But some how with the Juke I am willing to take the risk, cos I just bought one. Even without seeing it in real life or drving it.

Last week I'v seen it in reall life and till now I don;t have regrets.

For the drinving, I drive nissan since I have my driverslicense and I even got a relative who work and droven nissan for over 35 years now. Till now there are always probs, but nissan did a good job to always do a good job with reaparing or modifications where it was possible. So for me no worries

·
Registered
20 Posts
I once owned an Element and can say I was very happy with it as well. I hope nissan does not drop the ball on this one since the Juke is at the top of my list right now for new car shoping.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am in other hand like to be the first kid on the block to own something new, specially new cars model.....Nissan has never dropped the ball on any of their cars models, not like runaway toyota, and honda has had problems here and there too, so as I said I am confident in nissan more than any other brand. Juke will be just fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a Geo Storm when it first came out and did have one problem...golf ball through the back windshield(which if you remember the Storms ..was huge!) it took over a month to get a new one in because it wasn't out long enough to have parts here for it yet. So parts availability might be a problem but otherwise you do have a warranty so makes me feel better.

It was fun though..I remember first getting it and there not being many on the road and if you saw another we would beep at each other...stuff like that makes it like a club.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it at all. I've been a long time Nissan owner and enthusiast and I have to say they are very reliable. Also they do train their mechanics for any new tech they introduce in the market. It was very apparent when the 2009 GTR came to North America. Not only were techs trained on how to service the car but they made sure any dealership allowed to sell the GTR would have every single tool they would need to do any kind of repairs to the car. They also had a special 350z loaner car thats reserved only for GTR owners that get their car serviced at the dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts